Site not functioning properly...Posts not showing, etc

Hello:

Its been a while (10 months) since I last kept up with managing my WordPress.com site based on X The Theme. The site was fine back then. I recently tried to restart adding posts, etc, but did not get very far before noticing the list of Posts is not showing up in my WordPress dashboard. Also, the Blog page only shows about 5-6 Posts. I’m guessing there was a WordPress update that caused problems and I did not keep up with X updates? I tried upgrading the theme, etc, but can’t figure this out. Domain of my site is listed in my Account. Please help!

Screenshot of Posts config page in WordPress account, Published says (80) but no Posts list, and only one page of Posts on the Blog webpage.

Hello @jtscwhitney,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hey Jeff,

I logged in and discovered that you were still using an older version of the X theme 10.2.2 and Cornerstone 7.2.2. Have these two updated to the latest version, the X theme 10.5.3 and Cornerstone 7.5.3.

After making the updates, make sure to clear all you caches before testing the site again.

Thanks.

Yes, sorry I did not mention that I just restored an older version before contacting you to see if that worked. Already tried to update everything before, didn’t work. I think everything is updated now, but still the same. Can you take a look again? Thanks

…also noticed the Envira Galleries are not working, at least on the Posts available to check.

Hi Jeff,

I have checked your website and found the problem with the Post. I have created a test post using the default editor, the number of posts increased by 1, but no posts are shown in the list. I suspect, that there might be some different reasons behind your issue. I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization
5.Disabling Cache
6.Disabling CDN
7.Increasing PHP Memory Limit

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps, please copy your live site to a staging server so we can troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access to the secure note, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

NOTE: All the posts are showing in the Cornerstone.

Thanks

Hello, its the Envira Gallery plugin, which is included in with X The Theme. How can I address the issue if the plugin comes from your company?

Also, when the Envira Gallery is deactivated, I can edit existing and add new Posts. Everything works EXCEPT when I add a Text block within Cornerstone and attempt to add some text. The Cornerstone editor saves the added Text block, but will not save any text that I add to the block or even try to edit. I have tried this in 2 different browsers, and with existing Posts or even adding a new Post. With an existing Post in Cornerstone, if I simply go into an existing Text block and attempt to change some text, the “Save” button at the top right of the editor does not change colors, from green to orange, as if it is not recognizing that text has been changed.

Also, I don’t have the Staging feature, it costs a lot more. So just use the login info I gave in a previous secure note. There is no worry about breaking my site since I made a recent backup this morning that contains all the recent updates, etc.

Hey Jeff,

I have investigated your issue with our local testing servers. Both the multisite setup and the standalone WP install cannot replicate the problem when the Envira Gallery plugin is active. I believe that the issue only happens on the WordPress.com install. We will check with the latest version of the plugin and see if this still happens.

Please bear with us. Thanks.

Any progress yet?

The Envira Gallery plugin appears to be working now. No idea why.

BUT, the Cornerstone saving issue remains. I have not tested different objects, but simply editing an existing Text object does not save. And, adding a new Text object will save the object, but the text cannot be edited and saved. Please Help!!

Hey Jeff,

Upon editing the text on your homepage, I was able to save it without any issues. With that said, I highly recommend to clear your browser cache or use incognito mode and see how it goes.

Thank you.

This has been resolved in another post. Thanks.

Hey Jeff,

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.