Site looked great then randomly broke

Just finished making a wedding website - thekelsons.wedding. It looked great and functioned perfectly. Then out of nowhere (with no changes or modifications from me) it completely broke. The header and footer still appeared intact and functional, but all of the body (cornerstone) content was non-functional or missing entirely. Like some of the styling was there but most of it wasn’t. If I entered the Pro page editor it looked fine, but then on the frontend it remained broken. I tried the following to fix it/figure out what’s going on:

disabled all plugins
refreshed the cache (then disabled all caching)
tried switching from Pro to default theme then back
deleted and reinstalled Pro

None of that worked. Then again seemingly completely randomly it started working again. However there still is one page that is broken. The form on it is missing the labels and dummy text.

There’s no errors in the console and all theme and wordpress files seem fine. Again, deactivating plugins doesn’t seem to have an effect.

Any idea on why this is happening? I need this site to be working and reliable ASAP. Thanks!

Hi Cameron,

Thank you for reaching out to us, Since you’ve already done the basic troubleshooting, please get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Thanks for the response. I’ve included the requested information.

Hi Cameron,

Thank you for the credentials,

That sounds like a caching-related issue, I did check the site and I did not encounter the issue, I think that is because you already purge and turn off the Endurance Cache.

That is not an error, you have this custom CSS on your Global CSS that hides those labels.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Oh duh. So strange because I removed all custom CSS and it didn’t fix the issue, but maybe the cache was messing with it. It’s also strange to me that the form field labels showed up just fine on the home page but not anywhere else. Either way, sorry for taking your time on something so trivial. Thanks for the assistance!

Hi Cameron,

It’s our pleasure to help you with this.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.