Site is Broken After Restoring to Older Version

i tried restoring my site to a version from August via Jetpack and I am getting a fatal error message leading to the Pro theme.

An error of type E_COMPILE_ERROR was caused in line 8 of the file /srv/htdocs/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/utility/class-shortcode-preserver.php. Error message: Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Shortcode_Preserver, because the name is already in use

Any help?

Hello @sterlinghealan,

Thanks for writing to us.

Are you using a Child theme? There could be a PHP code that is causing the issue. A 3rd party plugin could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.