Site Does Not Function in Safari, Desktop or IOS

Hello, my site will not display or function in Safari, Desktop or IOS. It works fine in Chrome but not in Safari. I can’t click on links and sometimes it will not even display correctly.

Hello @mcjensen,

Thanks for writing in! You may be having some caching issues. Please do the following:

If none of the above is working, kindly provide us your site URL so we can investigate further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello @mcjensen,

I have logged in to your site and I found out that you have inserted an iframe code inside a Text element.

• See the secure note below for the code.

You need to use the Raw Content element instead so that the resulting code will be correct and the page will not be messed up.

Check your site now.

Ok, thank you for that but the site still does not display correctly in Safari. I have cleared the cache and the history and the drop down menus don’t work and the page does not display.

Hi @mcjensen,

It is very difficult to recognize the problem without seeing what exactly you are seeing. Can you please share some screen-capturing videos, that help us to understand the problem properly?

Thanks

Safari issues:
Browser with JavaScript enabled:

• Slider loads
• Menus load but do not work
• Section 1 loads
• Nothing after Section 1 loads. No body contents or footer, or footer menu.

I then disable JavaScript on the Safari browser and this is what happens:

The slider does not load. The menus load but do not drop down nor are they clickable. All body sections load. The footer loads.

Hello @mcjensen,

As it turns out, there are more 80 JS errors on the page. One of those is CORS or Cross Origin Resource Sharing issue which Safari is very strict about it. Please check this out instead;

Kindly let us know how it goes.

It’s still not going well. I added these lines to the .htaccess and the menus still don’t work.

<ifModule mod_headers.c>

Header set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=31536000" env=HTTPS

Header set X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block"

Header set X-Content-Type-Options nosniff

Header set X-Frame-Options DENY

Header set Referrer-Policy: no-referrer-when-downgrade

</ifModule>

I have used this theme with Rev Slider on many websites and never had a problem with visibility in Safari. Not sure why now.

Hey @mcjensen,

I saw the issue in Safari at first, but after reloading, your site worked.

You mentioned:

That is because the theme is not the cause in the first place. This is an issue with the WordPress and/or web host setup. Please reach out to your web host or consult with a WordPress developer. If you wish to receive WordPress support from us, you can subscribe to our One premium support.

Since this is not a theme issue, we can’t investigate further here in our theme support.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.