Sidebar not scrolling

Hi I am using icon theme and cannot seem to find where to activate a separate scrolling on the sidebar to the left.
Here is my site project : www.hearings.paris. Appreciate your help.

Hey Anna,

Thanks for reaching out!

Upon checking your website, you’ve added a custom CSS to make the left sidebar menu initiate a scrolling option but the scrolling is not showing because the content is just too small. If you add more items in your left sidebar the scrolling will automatically show up once they fill all the spaces.

Just to picture it out, I tried to add a fixed height for your sidebar using the inspect element to check if the scrolling option is working.

Hope that helps.

Hi I am so sorry I meant the right sidebar !

Hey Anna,

To resolve your issue, please check this old thread:

You can take the custom CSS and use it on your site something like this:

.x-sidebar .max.width{
    overflow-y: scroll;
}

Be advised that custom CSS coding is beyond the scope of our support under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One service for further assistance.

Best Regards.

Thank you, helas it did not resolve the issue. I just bought pro and chose Icon in order to have the scrollable sidebar, which should be scrollable on default. For some reason it is not, and from the very beginning. The thread you are referring to is stating precisely that icon has it on default but the user is using renew hence the problem there. I really appreciate your help to get this to work properly.

Hi Anna,

In the Icon stack the sidebar position is fixed, but in the case of the other stack, it worked fine. Please let us know if you are facing the same problem with another stack too.

Thanks

I am looking to have the right hand sidebar scrollable, which it is not, you can see it on the landing but also on this page: https://hearings.paris/index.php/media-wall/

Hi Anna,

As I said before, I have checked and found a similar problem in the local environment and will discuss it with our development team. Till now, can you use any other stack to get rid of this problem?

Thanks

Hi Anna,

As a temporary fix, you can use the following CSS code and add it to the Global CSS.

aside.x-sidebar {
    overflow-y: scroll;
    height: 100%;
}

Thanks

Thank you, it has put the side “in motion” but it doesn’t let you scroll all the way down and doesn’t “flow” like in the demo. Appreciate it if you can let me know when you think this can be fixed, appreciate your help !

Hey Anna,

We cannot check your site because it is under construction mode. Can you please provide us access to the site? You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.