I can't make my sidebar scroll

Hi, I’m using Pro and want to make the left side bar on my blogs and course pages scroll but can’t figure out how to do it. On these pages for example

and some other pages too

I understand that if I was editing those pages using Pro I could make a header, put it on the left and then set it to scroll. But I only just found that it’s possible to edit posts and courses using pro, so I created them using the standard wordpress editor, which means that I now can’t edit them using pro.

Is there something you can help me to do to make the sidebars scroll please?
Many thanks,

Nick

I’m using a

Hi Nick,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I believe you’re trying to make the sidebar sticky? If that’s the case then you can use a third party plugin e.g https://wordpress.org/plugins/sticky-menu-or-anything-on-scroll/ to make any element sticky on scroll but please note that we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! It’s not that I’m looking to make the sidebar sticky, I need it to scroll because the contents of the sidebar are longer than can be seen on the screen on some pages. I’ve tried a sticky sidebar widget and it doesn’t show the whole sidebar

I’m using Pro theme with Renew stack. When I use the Icon stack, the sidebar does scroll, so it doesn’t seem to be to do with a plugin conflict.

Is there a way to get the sidebar to scroll with Pro/Renew?
Many thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

With Icon stack, that is how it is design. With other stacks, the following can be added on Theme Options > Global CSS:

.x-sidebar {
    max-height: 200px; /*Set this to your preferred height of the sidebar*/
    overflow-y: scroll;
    overflow-x: hidden;
}

You can add specific post ID like this to target specific post:

.postid-51 .x-sidebar {
    max-height: 200px; /*Set this to your preferred height of the sidebar*/
    overflow-y: scroll;
    overflow-x: hidden;
}

It will not be fixed like ICON. The sidebar will stay on it’s current position and the CSS will just add specific height and when it is reach, it will enable the scroll. If you’re looking for something more than that, I am afraid it will be outside the scope of our support. Hope this helps.

Ok thanks, that helps. I’d love it to make it fixed like in ICON, but I don’t like the ICON look as much as RENEW.

I’ve tried a sticky widget plugin, but that makes it complicated with having to specify the max height of the sidebar, as the max height cuts off the bottom of the sidebar, but then it doesn’t scroll if the height is too long

Is there anything else you can suggest for this?
Many thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Adding the scrolling sidebar would be possible by adding some custom CSS codes or by using a third party plugin if the stack you are using is not the icon stack. Since this requires custom development, this is outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

Thanks for understanding. Take care!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.