Side Bar overlapping content when setting width to "auto"

I’m attempting to create a side bar menu/instructions that disappears by using a global block that is only visible to certain membership plans. The concept works just fine when the bar is on top. I simply set the height to “auto” and if the block appears, you see the bar on top. If it doesn’t appear (due to membership plan), the whole bar disappears and the page content adjusts accordingly.

However, when I do the same thing on a side bar and set the width to “auto,” the content on the page drops behind the header side bar rather than adjusting to it. If I set it to, say, “300px” it works just fine. But the problem is, you’re left with an empty white background bar for members who can’t see the global block content.

Any ideas?

Here is a video quickly demonstrating the issue: https://www.loom.com/share/eed6573e9f384e708fb12a5f803288cf

Hello @gstertz,

Thanks for writing in! You really need to set a fixed width for the Bar element so that it will not display or overlap your page content. You can set 300 pixels width and then you may use the Conditions and Assignments in your Bar element settings so that the Bar will only display on a particular Membership. If you are not familiar with the Conditions and Assignments please check this out:

We would also love to check your custom header settings if you are having some difficulties with the conditions and assignments. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I’m familiar with the Conditions and Assignments but as far I know, I don’t think you can hide or display based on a user’s WooCommerce Membership plan. I’ll leave a secure note if you want to poke around at it, however.

Hey @gstertz,

You can just display the left bar with specific membership roles, just go to element condition then look for Membership Plan (Specific) is Test Membership.

This means that the bar will only show in the Test Membership Plan.

Hope that helps.

Thanks @marc_a, for your reply.

I’m not, however, able to hide content based on the method you showed above. Here is an attempt I made at that:

https://www.loom.com/share/015a0b7c32284c6a917a63daa153734e.

@marc_a, as it relates to the Conditions and Assignments, this thread responded to that issue already: Reveal/Hide Pro Header based on WooCommerce Membership

That’s why I’ve been trying to use the work around of having a sidebar/header bar disappear based on the content using WooCommerce Membership’s restriction shortcodes.

Hey @gstertz,

Thanks for sharing the information from the other thread. Yes, the Membership Plan is not yet fully supported with our element condition.

On the other hand, the problem with your workaround is that you cannot hide the container div using the WooCommerce Membership restriction shortcode. What you have in mind will require custom coding. Regretfully, custom coding is outside the scope of our theme support. You may seek 3rd party developers to help you with your problems or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.