Show Only Post in Specific Category In Slider

I would like to show only posts from a specific category in the slider, but can’t seem to figure out how.

I know it has something to do with the dynamic content but it looks like there isn’t an option. Do I have to set the category for each image that is added to the slider or can I set the slider to show posts from a specific category?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey @dstro003,

Thanks for writing in! Which slider are you referring to? If you are using Loopers along with the new Slider element, you should use the Looper Provider Query Builder so that you can select which items from a category or taxonomy you would like to be returned in the loop. If you are not familiar with the loopers, kindly check out this video:

If this is not helping, we would love to check your site and your layout settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks for the links here.

They were definitely helpful, but I can’t seem to quite figure out how to use loopers with sliders.

I would like to create a slider like the ones already present on this page

First, I am not sure if it is best to use the post tiles or the slider to get a slider similar to the one in the image. I need the pagination.

I tried using the slider and using the looper provider on the “slider (inline)” and adding a dynamic image, but nothing happened.

If you could please help me create some sort of grid like in the image, that shows posts from a specific category, that would be great!

Hello @dstro003,

Thanks for sharing the login details I went ahead and created a page called “Themeco Test” where I have added the post slider using the Slider inline element. I have used the Looper query builder to pull the posts and set the category as well to filter the post from the specific categories. Please check the settings.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Awesome. Thanks for the help here.

I had one more question here.

I added the slider that shows posts from specific categories.

However the slider doesn’t look that great as the featured images are of different sizes.

There is a grey area that is added where the image doesn’t fit.

How can I have the image fill the entire slider slot?

Hello @dstro003,

Instead of using the Image element to display the featured images, you can make those images as a background image for each slide. You can do that by doing the following:
1.) Remove the Image element.

2.) Set a minimum height for the slide:

3.) Enable the “Advanced” option in the Slide element:

4.) Insert the Featured Image dynamic content:

Check out the example in the secure note. The only drawback in this method is that when the featured image is smaller, it will look blurry because it has been zoomed out to cover the whole slide.

Best Regards.

Thanks for replying.

This worked! Thanks.

Final question.

How do you add slider navigation arrows on the sides of the first and last slides?

Hey There,

How do you add slider navigation arrows on the sides of the first and last slides?

You will have to use the Slide Navigation element to navigate to the next or previous slide items. The Slide Pagination will display the numbers slides and allow you to jump on a particular slide.

Please check out this documentation:

Cheers.

Thanks a lot!

You are most welcome @dstro003

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.