Shortcodes inside Accordion won't compile after update

Hi

after recent updates (let’s say from the second half of december and beyond), the Cornerstone accordions, inside one of my websites, that are filled with shortcodes content (instead of plain text) broke.
The shortcodes are correct but it’s like the theme won’t read and translate them into content.

The 2 screenshots show what I see from front-end

and back-end

Schermata 2021-01-10 alle 11.15.32

Thanks for your assistance.

Alessandro

Hey Alessandro,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• Pro theme 4.0.11 or
  • X theme 8.0.11
  • Cornerstone 5.0.11

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi. X and Cornerstone are updated.

Adding secure note for further assistance.

Thanks for your help @ruenel

Hey Alessandro,

Did you insert those shortcodes manually or the content inside the Accordion was just converted into shortcodes during the update?

If they were converted into shortcodes, that is a problem. We will need you to revert your site from a previous working state so we could see the previous setup.

If you inserted the shortcode manually, that is not a problem with our builder as those shortcodes were not intended to be used manually. I understand it might have worked before but because it’s not intended to be used that way, we can’t guarantee a fix.

We have the Global Blocks feature if you wish to use the builder for content setup and plug the content anywhere in your site.

With that said, please use the Global Blocks feature and insert the Global Block shortcode to your accordion items.

I’ll pass this on to our development team and they will be the ones to decide if your setup will be supported or not. I’m just managing your expectation beforehand.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi @christian

thanks for the very specific explanation.
I did put manually the shortcodes inside the accordions. My fault :slight_smile:

As it was working before, I thought it was a good idea, even not so practical. However, now that I know it, I will use the Global Blocks. Is this gonna work to show content layouts inside the header of the accordion too?

Cheers

Hello @snowtura,

As long as you have inserted the accordion in a global block, you can use the global block anywhere on the site.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.