Shaking Dropdown on Mobile

Hi,

My dropdown mobile menu started to shake in mobile devices when scrolling and I have been trying to find out why this is happening in the last 3-4 days but I had no luck so far. It may be a child-theme or CSS-related problem.

Before coming here, I read this thread and followed the troubleshooting actions:

• I disabled all of the plug-ins but the problem persists when no plugins were active, so it is not a plug-in conflict.
  • It is not a caching problem as well, as it persists when WP Rocket and my CDN were off and the caches are empty.
  • It is not a problem with the used dropdown element or global block as well. To test this, I created a brand new header and used the new megamenu element. It shakes too.
  • I verified that the problem persists in ios and android devices and multiple different browsers.
  • Everything is up to date - theme, WP, plugins, PHP
  • To test if it is from the footer, I took one of the footers from the design cloud, but the problem persists.

On the above thread, @nabeel suggests deactivating the child theme and switching to the parent theme. I did that too. It didn’t help, but I realized something interesting, well at least to me. While on the parent theme, I expect all CSS to deactivate. I have very limited knowledge about how the child theme works(and how it should be configured) but I expect CSS to disappear when the child theme is deactivated. This may give a clue.

I don’t know if this is relevant but when I go to themes > pro-child in Cpanel, this file is almost empty: style.css. Isn’t this where all of our style sheets should be kept?

I do not know why this is happening but I suspect from the placement of CSS. Before this happened, I moved some CSS from Global CSS to individual pages.

I would greatly appreciate your help and guidance.

Thanks

Gunes

Hello Gunes,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi RueNel,

Thanks for your response. I confirm that you can make changes. Attached you can find the credentials.

Hi Gunes,

Thank you for the credentials, but I cant not replicate the “Shaking Dropdown” issue, can you provide us a screen-cast video showing the issue so we can have a better idea of what you’re referring to.

Thanks,

Hi Friech,
Attached you can find the screencast videos:
The dropdown menu shakes only on mobile devices (ios, android) but not on desktop.
Thanks
Gunes

Hi Gunes,

I have checked your website in my Android phone and tested it in iPhone using the online device testing tool, but unfortunately not able to replicate the issue shown in the video. Can you please please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site?
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi,
Attached you can find the login credentials of the staging site. It is shaking as well.
Thanks for your help.
Gunes

Hi Gunes,

Thank you for the screencast, that is actually not an issue, that is just a behaviour of the dropdown trying to reposition itself. And more likely no user will try to scroll the page while the dropdown is open.

Is there any other issue that we don’t see? please explain.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.