My dropdown mobile menu started to shake in mobile devices when scrolling and I have been trying to find out why this is happening in the last 3-4 days but I had no luck so far. It may be a child-theme or CSS-related problem.
Before coming here, I read this thread and followed the troubleshooting actions:
- I disabled all of the plug-ins but the problem persists when no plugins were active, so it is not a plug-in conflict.
- It is not a caching problem as well, as it persists when WP Rocket and my CDN were off and the caches are empty.
- It is not a problem with the used dropdown element or global block as well. To test this, I created a brand new header and used the new megamenu element. It shakes too.
- I verified that the problem persists in ios and android devices and multiple different browsers.
- Everything is up to date - theme, WP, plugins, PHP
- To test if it is from the footer, I took one of the footers from the design cloud, but the problem persists.
On the above thread, @nabeel suggests deactivating the child theme and switching to the parent theme. I did that too. It didn’t help, but I realized something interesting, well at least to me. While on the parent theme, I expect all CSS to deactivate. I have very limited knowledge about how the child theme works(and how it should be configured) but I expect CSS to disappear when the child theme is deactivated. This may give a clue.
I don’t know if this is relevant but when I go to themes > pro-child in Cpanel, this file is almost empty: style.css. Isn’t this where all of our style sheets should be kept?
I do not know why this is happening but I suspect from the placement of CSS. Before this happened, I moved some CSS from Global CSS to individual pages.
I would greatly appreciate your help and guidance.