Select Dropdown Chevron Styling

Hi. Im using integrity.

I’d like to target the Select Dropdown chevron icon and change the favicon to:

( Unicode: F078 )

I’d then like to make it a bit larger, with 5px padding right side of chevron.

Please advice how this is done.

Thanks

Hi @gimmechefs,
Thanks for writing to us.
We are a little confused between the Select Dropdown chevron icon and Favicon you mentioned your comment.
Do you need that the dropdown icon to be changed or the dropdown will be added as Favicon with the changes you specified?
Please clarify to help you with this.
Thanks

Hi. Thanks for getting back to me.

What I was hoping to achieve is padding on the right side of icon in all select fields.

I would then like to change the "select dropdown icon " to this icon : Unicode: F078 .

Other style I need is to increase the padding-top & padding-bottom between the select options.

Please two images attached.
Cheers
Max

select .

Hello @gimmechefs,

this styling might have been coming from a 3rd party plugin. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us the URL of the page or the access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey Max,

We’re sorry for the confusion. We won’t log in to your site because this is not a theme issue. What you’re seeing is the browser’s style. It’s the browser that is deciding the position of that select arrow/icon. WooCommerce doesn’t provide a style for that is it requires some “hackery”. We don’t do that too.

If you want to apply the hack and apply other Select styles, you need to write code on your own or with help from a 3rd party developer. I’d encourage you to learn CSS on your own though. And, some knowledge of the usage of a browser’s element inspector would be good.

I hope you’ll understand that custom development is outside the scope of our theme support.

If you need guidance with custom coding, we can help you through our One service. See https://theme.co/one

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.