Search bar/Sandwich Menu buttons not working

Hi! I am having an issue with the search bar and sandwich menu bar not working on the home page of this site: https://www.soundpaintingsolutions.com

The problem varies from browser-to-browser and is generally not an issue on MacOS Safari but is a problem on Google Chrome and iOS Safari. I suspect there may be an issue with a caching plugin but not sure exactly how to fix it.

Thank you!

Hey @soundpainting,

Thanks for writing in!

This seems to be a caching issue. Since you have installed the WP Rocket plugin, please clear your plugin caches or at least temporarily deactivate the plugin while we are troubleshooting the issue. I also noticed that you are using Cloudflare. Please login to your Cloudflare account and purge your site cache. It is also good to turn ON the Development Mode before testing your site again. Lastly, please make sure that you are using the latest version:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi @ruenel, I tried clearing both the WP Rocket cache and Cloudflare cache. I also tried turning on Development Mode. X Pro is also fully up to date.

None of these options definitively solved the issue. Sometimes the search/sandwich menu buttons work, and sometimes they don’t upon testing loading the page a few times. I also noticed an issue with Classic Accordion on this page: https://www.soundpaintingsolutions.com/about/ where the items fail to expand on clicking.

I should also note, I don’t recall having these issues prior to having the Boost service done by Themeco elite last year. I actually attempted to reach out to them first (elite@theme.co) but the email bounced, so I came to the forum instead.

Let me know what you think we should do from here.

Hello @soundpainting,

In order to help you with your concerns we need to check your settings I would request you please share your admin login details in the secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thank you @prakash_s. I added a secure note to my original post.

Hi @soundpainting,

I have tried to access the Header and the setting through the WordPress admin dashboard, but it seems that the 2FA authentication app is enabled and it redirected to the Profile page without giving access to any pages.

I would suggest you deactivate it temporarily and let us know for further investigation.

Thanks

Hi @tristup; it should allow you in now, please try again.

Hi @soundpainting,

We just released a hotfix update for the navigation bar issue. Can you please update to the latest version Pro 6.1.7? You can check out the changelog here:

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel, that is great news. I just made that update. At first glance it seems to resolve my issue with the header, so thank you. However I am still having issues with the accordion opening as on this page: https://www.soundpaintingsolutions.com/about/
Do you have any advice on why that might be happening? Thank you.

Hey @soundpainting,

I must point out that you are using the following:
1.) WP Rocket plugin
2.) WP Engine
3.) Cloudflare

All these three caches your site. Right after every WP core, theme, or plugin update, you must clear all the caches in exact same order so that the latest version of the code will be loaded on the page.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.