Search bar is working on Naviagtion

Hi there,

I hope this email finds you well.

The search bar is not working to the navigation bar and the theme option is not opening from the dashboard.

Can you please help me out with this issue as soon as possible?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you

Hello @peterguirguisccsb,

Thanks for writing in! In most cases, this issue could be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

If after trying all of the above things you are still experiencing problems, please reply below, including login details to your site in a secure note, so that we can investigate further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.

I have done all of the points that you have sent, however, the issue is still over there. There is a new issue I am facing now. The search bar is working only on the home page now. Here is the link below: https://craighuey.com

Can you please have a look and let me know what is the actual issue with the search bar?

Thank you.

Please provide us with your WP credentials so that we can investigate the issue further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Thanks.

Hi there,

I hope this email finds you well.

I have created the staging site of the website and have created the admin login. Please find the attached login detail to the secure note section on this email.

Please have a look and let me know what is the actual issue to the search bar.

Thank you

There are outdated plugins present on the theme. Please have it updated. And then may we have your permission to turn off all the plugins to do a plugin conflict test?

Thank You.

Hi there,

I have updated all of the plugins to the staging website, however, the search bar is still working on the home page only.

Please have a look and let me know what is the actual issue with the theme.

Thank you

Hi @peterguirguisccsb,

The search is actually working on the staging site on any pages. I see a JS error on your live site with regards to the SiteGround optimizer, can you do a test, please clear the SiteGround cache and deactivate its optimizer for a while.

Thanks,

Hi there,

I have made these changes to the website and the search bar is working perfectly fine now.

Can you please let me know in detail regarding the JS error with the Siteground optimizer plugin?

Thank you

Hi @peterguirguisccsb,

You’re welcome!

I check again your website but the JS error is already gone on your live website. It seems that you have already removed it.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Actually, I have deactivated the Site ground optimizer plugin from the live website that’s why the search bar is working on the site.

Thank you.

Hi @peterguirguisccsb,

Great! I just want to add up something.

• In X, Pro, and Cornerstone we follow all the WordPress best practices for managing front end assets (CSS/JS)
  • We also minify those assets ourselves with each release. You shouldn’t need to use another system to minify them again.
  • By “minified” I mean that we run post processing to convert our human readable source files into much smaller files. Variable and function names are shortened, whitespace is removed, and other techniques are applied to produce valid javascript that takes up the least amount of space possible.
  • When it comes to optimization systems, the burden of responsibility lies primarily with that system. Our files are valid javascript, and should be a valid input, but there is a possibility of failure if the system doesn’t properly parse and handle those files.
  • What happens periodically, is that optimization systems like SiteGround’s minifier will not properly parse code that is already minified, resulting in broken output. There is nothing we can do about this on our end.

Our recommendation is to disable the minifier entirely. Unfortunately, if you want to use it, there is the possibility of it failing.

Hope that helps.

Hi there,

Thank you for your clarification.

I have disabled the minify JS feature from the cache plugin and the search bar is working perfectly fine now.

Thank you.

Hi @peterguirguisccsb,

Glad to hear that! Thanks for confirming with us.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.