Search bar custom

hello there,

I would like custom the search bar.
I have 5 languages with polylang on my website and I would like a custom bar for each of them.

I would like :
-Replace “Search” by my custom sentences inside the side bar.
-For results :- On my website the in case or error i have an english text, I would like custom it for each languages

• I have only one result for the search and i have to click on 2 3 4 5 6 7 to see another result.
    I would like all result on the same page.
    I would like also delete the tag 'create by & date"

I am using ETHOS but I change for RENEW in few days.

Thank you very much for your help.

Ps: by the way, is the last version of x theme and cornerstone are now compatible with POLYLANG?

Hey @Guillaumeg06,

The function you described is not available in Pro. You will need something like SearchWP plugin to achieve that. We might be able to help with hiding the 'create by and date` if you show us your setup.

The latest version was not tested with Polylang. But, there were WPML fixes included in the latest version which could be related to Polylang also. We could not test that as support though as it’s a third party plugin.

Thanks.

Summary

Hi @Guillaumeg06,

I will answer your question which are not outside of our support. Other customization could take more time and it is quite complicated. It would be best that you will contact a custom developer to help you with it.

Changing text for search bar:

You could use the code below, to be added in your custom JS.

jQuery(function($){ $('.x-search-shortcode #s').attr('placeholder','yourtext'); }); 

Removing create by and date:

.search .p-meta{
    display:none;
}

Hope it helps.

Thank you so much for understanding.

Thank you nico,

Is it possible to customize the search bar depending the language?
jQuery(function($){ $(’.x-search-shortcode #s’).attr(‘placeholder’,‘ENGLISH’); });
jQuery(function($){ $(’.x-search-shortcode #s’).attr(‘placeholder’,‘FRENCH’); });
jQuery(function($){ $(’.x-search-shortcode #s’).attr(‘placeholder’,‘ITALIAN’); });

How can i get at least 10 results per search? I just have one and dozen of pages…

Regards

Hey @Guillaumeg06,

That is technically possible if your language plugin generates a body class for each language. You can then add it to your selector like .en .x-search-shortcode #s. We could not help you further with this though as this would be getting into custom development.

The search results page is an archive page so it shares the same setting as the blog and that setting is in Settings > Reading > Blog pages show at most. Changing the number should change the search results items as well.

Thanks.

Thank you it is working!

Same question for the text :“Nothing to Show Right Now
It appears whatever you were looking for is no longer here or perhaps wasn’t here to begin with. You might want to try starting over from the homepage to see if you can find what you’re after from there.”

I would like customize it regarding my language.

Also is it possible on this error page to add the search bar in order to invite the “client” to try again?

Best

Hi There,

Translate by the custom Javascript shouldn’t be the best solution.

I recommend you take a look at this article instead: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-translation/61.

Regards!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.