Save is overwriting image location properties

Hi,

I have a site - the staging version is here: https://wordpress-113393-322997.cloudwaysapps.com/

I originally built it on Amazon lightsail at an address 54.xx.xx.xx. At that time, when I added images to the site, it added them at 54.xx.xx.xx/uploads/20117/06/image.jpg.

After I migrated to https://wordpress-113393-322997.cloudwaysapps.com/ the images still pointed to the old IP, so i ran “better search replace” and then they pointed at the new address - https://wordpress-113393-322997.cloudwaysapps.com/uploads/20117/06/image.jpg.

This would have been ok… however, whenever i update a page or clone it to create a new page - the image references start pointing back at the old destinations - 54.xx.xx.xx/uploads/20117/06/image.jpg.

I have turned all caching off but this still happens continuously - could you please advise me?

Thanks

Hi,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

All the best!

wordpress-113393-322997.cloudwaysapps.com

Hi,

The login provided doesn’t seem to work.

Kindly check again and let us know.

Thanks

Strange - i’ve updated and tested the password - please try again!

Hi,

We need your wordpress admin account to be able to check on this.

I can only access this

Thanks

Apologies - this is fixed now

Glad to hear that. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

Sorry - i mean to say you now have access… the issue around saving is not fixed - could you please continue to investigate?

Thanks

Hi There,

If you have added your images via Cornerstone you will need to fix them manually, edit each page, click on the images and re-add them.

Hope it helps!

Hi Joao - I have done that as well as used Better Search Replace (tried it both ways). I save it and its fine.

However, every time i change a page, the images revert back to their original address. Could you please test that yourself by updating an image to the new address > then save. Then re-open the page and change something else… you will see that the images revert back to their old address.

Thanks

There’s a problem with your SSL setup now. Please fix this first.

Thanks.

This is just a staging site, not our main site - it doesn’t have an SSL certificate as its staging.

The issue is that there are a bunch of references to https and unfortunately i’ve messed up the whole site by trying to change them on batch. Please use this new URL which is a replica of our main site now: https://wordpress-113393-332279.cloudwaysapps.com using the credentials that I already provided.

It’s still not secure for the reasons I have explained above, but you should be fine to access this - thanks.

I checked your home page and some of your pages and all images are showing up from your current URL. Would you mind giving us a page having this issue and provide screenshots of it.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for having a look.

The reason I gave you the login was so that you could go through the process. I left the site in a “working state” so that you could go through the steps i outlined (making a small change to any page) and seeing that the images then update and break.

You can use the home page as an exmple of this.

Thanks

I edited (remove a period) your content twice and all images point to your current URL.Nothing broke.

I edited the paragraph under Connect.

Then, the period after HipChat.

Please clear your browser cache then test again. If that doesn’t help, please provide a screen recording so we could see what’s happening on your end.

Thanks.

Thanks, since you edited you can now see that it’s loading images from 54.90.252.149 where it wasnt loading from there previously - this is in keeping with the issue i originally explained at the beginning of this thread. Before you made that change all images were coming from https://wordpress-113393-332279.cloudwaysapps.com/

Hi there,

In what page you’re seeing that? I checked and I can’t find any reference of that IP. Please provide a video recording on how we can reproduce it.

Plus, it looks like it staging environment issue. The Wordpress automatically change URL when you insert an asset (eg. image) based on existing configuration. But with this staging, Wordpress still pickups the OLD URL, so when an asset is inserted, it still uses the OLD URL. It’s not cornerstone issue, cornerstone simply accepts the content and data supplied to it and save it.

And even if you turn off your cache plugin, it still has internal caching based on your staging’s host (it’s Amazon). Have you tried it in different staging? I personally recommend staging to be hosted in non-cloud or with no active/passive cache.

Thanks!

Hi Rad!

Thats in the home page - you can see it there.

I understand what you’re saying but I have detailed exactly whats happening. The image should not point to the old url as I have updated the image location… however it is reverting to the old URL whenever i edit text or anything on the page. To your point: Cornerstone should be accepting the content and data and saving it… but it’s writing old/new data when i save.

It is not hosted on Amazon, its hosted in vultr. This is also happening on the live site, its just that I haven’t provided access to the live site.

Please watch the video and note that there are no images located on 54.90.252.149 to start but when i change 2 small bits of text - the site then points to those images.

Thanks for taking a look at this

Hi there,

As I mentioned before, cornerstone only accepts the data and save it, it doesn’t mean that it’s from you, but it can be also from data provided by the system (Wordpress) in it. If the system supplied the old data to it, then it will of course save that old data (either cached data, or new data).

As I checked it, once you loaded the page, the images URL are already in IP URL, that’s why when you save it, it will save the IP URLs. I can verify that by checking the shortcode too.

In summary, you made some change to correct the URL which correctly displaying in the front, BUT internally, it’s already in IP format in the backend, so once you reload the builder and save it, it will also save that IP format.

This is only happening on your site, in your staging to be specific (does your staging’s host the same from your live site?). This is also my first time seeing an issue like this.

Plus, I did this in a newly created page and it’s not happening there, which also probably related to your staging’s cache. I’m not referring to your cache plugin. And why do I think it’s due to cache? Because it’s not happening in my newly created page in your site. Please check the video.

Thanks!