Row within Section always goes full width in Starter Stack

I’m trying out the Starter Stack and in other stacks I’d used rows within sections would adhere to the width I set in the global options. However, now they go full width unless I uncheck to use the global container and force the width to match my global width. I’m guessing this is some sort of bug?

To explain better, I select the “No Container | Header, Footer” template so I can get a full width section. But NORMALLY, the ROW within that section stays within the global container width (as set in the global options) UNLESS I uncheck the “use global container” checkbox (which then releases the row to fill the entire width). But now, the row is ALWAYS full width from the start. This means I have to manually set the width for EVERY row. So it’s completely ignoring the container width as entered in the global options.

Is this something that will be fixed?

Hello @geekgoddessx,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concerns we need to check your setting, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

No problem. See info in the secure note.

Hello @geekgoddessx,

I have checked your homepage and the Row element has only a maximum width of 1200 pixels.

• See the secure note.

The Blank Stack, as it’s name entails, is both a barebones base while offering a great place to start if you want to handle most of the styling yourself. The Starter Stack actually extends off the Blank Stack adding more controls to the overall layout and typography of your site.

Better yet, the Stack system can now be used directly by you allowing for even more repurposing of your styling (if you decide to create a Stack this way). We lean on using Theme Parameters for our own tooling and giving you access to all the same tools wherever possible. For our advanced users this is another significant tool in your toolbox. We also created a new API that will allow you to tap into this incredible power. See the Stack API.

Best Regards.

Yes, I set that row to 1200 pixels because if I did NOT set it 1200px it would have spread across the entire section. This is the issue I’m talking about. Create a new section and you will see the row that is created with it is FULL WIDTH. It does NOT follow the GLOBAL CONTAINER setting which is 1200px. When I’ve used other stacks and created a new section the row inside always follows the width set in the global settings, but this stack does NOT follow that for some reason. I just created a new section and you can see the row is taking up the entire width of the section instead of only being 1200px wide which is what my global container settings are. The ONLY way to set it at 1200px is to UNCHECK the global container checkbox and set it there. It SHOULD be following the global container width UNLESS you uncheck that box to make it something different.

Hey @geekgoddessx,

We apologize for the confusion here. I believe this is a bug because the Global Width and Max Width does not have a CSS unit in the output when I believe it should have.

I’ll report this to our development team. For now, please disable the Global Container in your Row.

Thank you so much for looking into this! You helped me see where the issue is, and you can also pass this on to the developers. Apparently it wasn’t saving the px or the % in the global settings. So I went back to the global settings and re-selected px and % (even though they were ALREADY selected) and clicked “Save” again. Once I did that, the correct global settings were showing up when I created a new section (and also when inspecting the row afterward). Please note also these global settings had been imported from another site (via the json file), so I don’t know if that makes any difference as to why the px and % portion of the settings were never actually saved properly to the site. So, I’m not sure if the bug is in the stack itself or whether the bug is in the import of settings. Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 11.04.01 AM

Hi @geekgoddess,

My colleague has already reported this issue to our Issue Tracker and our development team is looking into it. They will investigate every aspect of this issue and will fix it in an upcoming release.

Thanks

I’m not sure if this is the same issue, but in Pro 6.3.7, on the Homepage, a section is not full width. Normally only the Row should follow the global site width, but now the section cannot have a fullwidth background image. This is only on the Homepage.

Hey @Misho,

Thanks for your input. I’ve checked the tracker and our developer said that it will be fixed in the upcoming release. Please stay tuned.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.