6.3.8: Homepage is not fullwidth

Hi @charlie,

I reported this on the forums and they said it would be fixed with 6.3.8, but it wasn’t.

The Homepage cannot have fullwidth sections. All other pages can. For this reason, I am building the homepage on the temporary page, but now it is becoming awkward towards the client.

I’m puzzled how others haven’t reported this. Could it be happening only on some websites? I searched all over the place to see if it is my error, but I just can’t find anything. I have it on some other updated sites, but it seems that some others are fine.

Could you please take a look?
Thanks!

The site settings are set as 88% for the width. I think you would need to remove the container from the page template on that home page. Let me know if I’m missing something here too.

That other thread was specific to the starter stack, so your issue will definitely be different on this site if there is an issue.

All right, it is my fault, sorry. I assumed that the new page is always created without a container. I forgot that this won’t be a case if the page is created directly from WordPress. To get the blank, no container default template, I need to use a custom function.

I’ll convert that to a theme option at some point like the below. Have a great day!

2 Likes