Revolution slider not showing correctly in X

Hi,
I have a website running X and with a revolution slider.

Recently, the slider stopped showing on mobile and desktop when using Chrome and Firefox. Safari (and IE I believe) are fine.

I’ve implemented a temporary solution on the homepage and placed the slider on a test page - https://got2jot.co.uk/test-for-slider/

It can be accessed by using the password - slidertest

Can you please explain what’s wrong?

Hello Loren,

Thanks for writing in! Does this issue happened right after you have updated WP, theme or the plugins? It seems that you are having a caching issue. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Regards.

Hi,
I’ve cleared the cache (using Siteground supercacher) but the problems persists. Even more strange, it seems to work when logged in. Very odd.

I’ll provide login details.

Hello Loren,

I have checked your page and I found the issue. It is because you use the Slider Revolution Blank Template without activating the Blank Template in the page option. I went ahead and corrected the issue.

It is best that you use Blank - No Container | No Header, No Footer page template. For more details about the different page templates in the theme, please check this out:

Kindly check the page now.

No, the issue remains.

Regardless of the page template, it just doesn’t show in anything other than desktop safari. AND then, only when logged in.

Hey Loren,

I’ve deactivated all plugins except Cornerstone and Slider Revolution and the slider worked. This means that one of the plugins is the cause of the issue.

Please test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

I should not have deactivated the plugins in your live site but I have no choice. We’ll take another back and forth conversation if I recommended the plugin conflict test to you and it doesn’t work. Please do the plugin conflict test next time first to check if other plugins are causing the issue and contact the developer of the conflicting plugin for support. If the plugin conflict test doesn’t work, it’s recommended to copy your site to a staging server because troubleshooting could disrupt your live site’s operation or worse, break your website.

I’ve also activated the parent theme, by the way. That should be included when troubleshooting too.

Also, even though our theme’s blank container has no relation to the issue, please still use it as we do not support or cover issues that will result from the use of Slider Revolution’s blank template.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.