Retheme website

Hello, I’m looking for some advice on how to best retheme a website.

The website I have operates on a Theme that is no longer being updated. It’s called “Namo” it has its own page builder.

I’m going to use Xtheme instead, but I’m wondering what will happen to the content on the page once I activate Xtheme and cornerstone?

If you have any advice or best practices it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ashley

Hey Ashley,

Generally, you would need to rebuild everything especially if your content was built using another page builder.

What I’d just recommend is you copy your site to a staging server then test switching to X and Cornerstone so you’ll see the actual work needed.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

The items in my portfolio wouldn’t disappear when I retheme, correct?

Hi Ashley,

As my colleague says, that you need to re-build everything especially if your content was built using another page builder. But it does not affect the content.

Thanks for understanding.

Hi there, so I rethemed the site but my portfolio is not carrying forward.
If I switch back to the old theme, I see my portfolio. but If i switch to Xtheme - the link to portfolio is there but none of my stuff.
Please help!

Hi Ashley,

To better help you with your issue, we need to check your WordPress admin. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hey Marc, never mind I will have to redo it. The old page builder removed all the work. However, can you help me with the ability of creating a tags field or a category field in pages?

Never mind - I figured it out!

Hi Ashley,

We’re glad that you’re able to figure out all your issue. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.