"Rest of site" header for blog archive

I tried looking around for solutions to this in other topics, but I didn’t find one that quite exactly mirrored my issue.

I’ve got two headers. One is for the homepage and a select few landing pages and is set to priority 0. Its condition is set to home with several “AND” conditions for the pages we want it on.

The other is for the rest of the pages and posts on the site and is set to priority 20. Its condition is set to “Entire site.”

This works fine except for on my blog posts page, which is the one set in the WordPress admin under Settings > Reading > Posts. This page is showing the homepage header.

I tried adding the “Blog is being viewed” and “Post type Posts” conditions, but that didn’t change it.

The only way I’ve been able to change it is to give this header a higher priority, but the the homepage header disappears, as I suppose “Entire site” with Priority 0 overrides it.

What am I doing wrong?

Hello @Nextwave,

Thanks for writing in! It could be because you are using the “AND” logic in your condition. Can you please take a screenshot of your conditions and priority and then send it to us in your next reply? Please check out this documentation first to know more about the Conditions, AND, OR and priority.

Best Regards.

You’re right- I had a misunderstanding of the conditions. I made all three conditions on my Entire Site one to AND and that took care of it.

Great News!
Please feel free to create another thread if you need any further information.

Scratch that. I was going by a preview or something.

Here’s what I’ve got for the “Rest of the site” header.

Hello @Nextwave,

I would suggest you use OR operator for setting the Header conditions. Please have a look at the given screenshot given below.

Customheader-Header-Builder-Pro (5)

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Header URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Using “or” on each one is how I originally had it. I’m sure I’m just missing something stupid, but I’ll add the login info below. Thanks so much for the outstanding support.

Hello @Nextwave,

Thanks for sharing the login details it seems that it is an issue with the server cache, I noticed that you are using the cache plugin as well as cloudflare cache. I would request you please purge all the cache and then clear your browser cache then check it again.

If it doesn’t work I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.