Reopen: Styles in Custom Element Stopped Working After Updating to Pro Version: 6.1.2

Why is the topic closed? This issue still exists.

We asked a while ago and it’s almost more than 1 year. Provide ETA for when it’s fixed.

p.s: DO NOT Close until fixed.

Can you send me your custom element when you have a chance? Secure note or whatever is fine.

Hi @charlie, I’ve uploaded it to secure note.

Looking forward to hearing from you asap.

These were Pro4 custom elements right? There’s a number of things we have to bring back to support this unfortunately. They are all there just either named differently or support removed, but I reached the point where your Tabs were there just not styled. I’m guessing this is when we also removed the ‘style’ configuration key for custom elements. Attempting this part too, but it looks like a lot of the keywords like unless have been changed or removed so this will unfortunately take some time. Thanks for sending this my way I’ll keep this thread updated.

Yes, The issue was reported Sep 15, 2021, and is still not fixed. Due to that, we are not able to use the latest version of the theme. Still, you talking about taking some more time. I need to know ETA.

Also, another major issue was reported. Permissions are not working after V4 update

Do you have any update on that as well?

ETA honestly probably later in the year. I’m not entirely sure we should keep this custom language the previous devs were creating (the @unless stuff in your styling). @unless doesn’t even exist as a control flow in Pro6 too, and I mean it was just a number of things as I was going through your custom elements. I think some of this will partially be a discussion on where we want to take Custom Elements, and would love to get more user direction on this as I think it was definitely lacking based on the number of changes and incompatibilities.

The custom JS and CSS permissions were working fine on Pro 6 when I just tested. The granularity of element permissions was totally removed in 6 so in one way that bug is fixed, but this was not something we wanted removed. I’m going to get back element permission granularity into 6.3 when the time comes.

I want to know how currently handled the Pro 6 custom element style? Provide us with an alternative solution to work around rid that issue ( Without broking current sites. ).

It uses the same custom stylesheet templates you are used to. The difference being it compiles to JSON on our end, it never compiles on your end, and we don’t actually use the ‘style’ property. It just knows based on element type, which is probably why it no longer works as a feature.

I made some decent progress last night. I couldn’t find any sort of workaround for you without rewriting the style function and I think I can get you something timely provided I fix one or two more issues with the style generation. Best workaround I guess I could give you is just referencing what I’m going to be doing to get you back on track, this will only get you so far without the style config working again. I’ve only looked at your tabs element, but I’ll run through them all.

.$_el is now & . I’ll preprocess as a shim
x_element_decorate is removed and there isn’t a nice function to use, I will recreate this function.
Definition::should_hide (line 882 in your tabs element) is now cs_should_hide_element. I will reference this function in Definition::should_hide.
@unless was removed from the language. I will just need to bring back. The entire styleregistry is gone so I guess we can cross that bridge later too.

Thank you for your help. It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with the updated file at your earliest convenience. would it be possible to share the file in a secure note? Thank you for your understanding and assistance.

I most likely won’t have an updated version of your plugin, but if something absolutely needs to change I’ll send it your way. the goal is to have compatibility and to have your plugin and other Pro 4-5.0 custom elements working again by changing Cornerstone. I’ll try to give an update next week. Have a great weekend.

Any update on this?

Howdy. Expect most of the fixes in Pro 6.3. I’ve got all of your custom elements running, really just need to get @unless working at this point so all your styles will display again. Keep an eye on the Beta next month.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.