Rename "Tags" on singlepost

Hi there, I have a problem with a client, I’m trying to rename the “Tags:” thingy on the end of a blog post. That’s the only thing I need to be renamed, I don’t need to change the taxonomy anywhere else. On the picture below, this is the blog post for example… I would like to rename it to “Location:”

Keep in mind that I want to keep “tag” on sidebars and on the dashboard as well. This is supposed to only affect blog posts.

Hello @Rescovedo,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

this will require change in theme files. Before proceeding I suggest you to setup child theme. You can use following resources to download and setup child theme.

https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

Please copy _content-post-footer.php from /wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/renew/ to /wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/renew/. Kindly create necessary child folders. I am taking example of Renew stack. You need to navigate relevant directory based on the stack you are using.

Next, open the copied file and replace code present on line number 13 with following:

Original code: <?php echo get_the_tag_list( '<p><i class="x-icon-tags" data-x-icon="&#xf02c;"></i>'. __( 'Tags:', '__x__'), ', ', '</p>' ); ?>

Replace with: <?php echo get_the_tag_list( '<p><i class="x-icon-tags" data-x-icon="&#xf02c;"></i>'. __( 'Location:', '__x__'), ', ', '</p>' ); ?>

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

You’re most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.