Remove sidebar and box from posts

Hi,

Is there any way to re-design the standard post-layout? I would like it to be without the box and also be able to decide whether or not we use a sidebar for it.

Hi Pontus,

Thanks for reaching out.
You can change the default layout through the Theme Options > Layout and Design as shown in the given screenshot. But please remember that it will change the default layout settings which may affect other pages too.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thank you! Is there any way to remove the content box in posts, the comment function and the automatic insertion of the title as shown in the image?

Hi Pontus,

In that case, you need to modify the Single post template in your child theme or you can use the Layout Builder to create a Layout with the structure you want and assign it to the All Singular.
I would suggest you go through the following documentation on this.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi again,

Thank you for the info! I set up a template and set it to always be used when using the “standard” post type. I can’t edit anything when I create a new post type though, is that because I didn’t use dynamic content when creating the template?

This is what it looks like right now when I enter the pro builder (nothing is clickable or adjustable):

Thank you!

The idea is that we want to use this template for all our posts but change the content, logos, tables etc for each game.

Hi Pontus,

It is not clear how you have created the Template shown in the screenshot.

If you have created the Layout using the Layout Builder please use the The Content element to show the content, which shows the content dynamically of each post assigned to it.

If you have modified the Single Post template in your Child Theme, you need to add the WordPress code to get the content of each Post, if you are not proficient in that, I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you to do the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called Elite service, where we offer complex customization

Thanks

Hi,

I built it in the Layout Builder, like I would if I were to set up a page for example. If I insert “the content” element in the template, can I have that in several different places? since we have a lot of different paragraphs, headers etc. Or is it only possible to have one content element where we write in the backend of the post?

Hello Pontus,

The “The Content” element will be the area to display the post description or the post content. You cannot separate it or place it in different places. It will just display the same contents. Please check out this video first:

Best Regards.

Thank you for the clarification and the video!

I think setting up the type of page we want to will be hard using posts. Is there any way to set up a “feed” or whatever you want to call it for pages? To automatically show the latest pages published on our blog. Something simple, like this for example:

From what Ive understood, its only possible with posts but that might have changed?

Hello Pontus,

If you haven’t knew our Looper features, I will invite you to watch these videos first:

Check out the documentation here:

With the use of Loopers, it will be possible to display post items in your homepage. You can then create any layout you want to have with the use of the Loopers as well.

Best Regards.

Hi,

I’ve looked at this in the past and as I understand it, it only works for posts?

I want to do it but for pages since I find them a lot easier to work in when it comes to designing the content. Is it possible to set this up with pages as well?

Hello Pontus,

You can use the Loopers to output pages or any other custom post types. I am just not sure if we have the same idea as what you are trying to do right now. Base on the screenshots I read about in the previous responses, this is what I understand:
1.) You want to change the layout of your single blog post. This can be achieve by creating a custom layout in Cornerstone > Layout Builder as mentioned by the previous responders. You just need to assign the Layout to the single post type so that every time you create s single post, it will automatically be using the newly created single layout.

2.) You want to create a feed in your homepage to display the latest published items in your blog. Now, when you call it a blog, you should have blog post. Be advised that blog post items are dynamically displayed in chronological order. Because of this, you cannot simply use pages as your blog items. You will just complicate things and event create issues with other site pages sooner or later.

For us to have a better understanding on the above, please provide us access to your site or at least the URL of the site so that we can check it. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.