Remove Google Fonts completely - Part II

hi there,
since this topic is closed

i want to follow up here. in germany/eu google fonts are a problem now if not self hosted. people are getting sued. so please confirm that the Theme Files dont make any calls for Google API Calls after switching off the cornerstones font manager like you described.
thanks again! best wishes, kai

Hello Kai,

Thanks for writing in!

If you just disable the Font Manager in Cornerstone > Theme Options > Typography, just make sure that you select system fonts for the Headings and Body & Content element option. If you have created the pages in the builder and you have used the Font Manager for the elements, it is best that you go to the Font Manager first, manage your fonts to make sure that it is using system fonts so that you can make sure that all the elements of the pages that you have created created in the builder will be using system fonts as well. Please see my video demonstration below:

Be advised that this covers the font settings for the theme ONLY. If you are using a plugin like Essential Grid, Slider Revolution or any other plugins that has its own font settings, you might need to check the font settings in those plugins as well. Plugin font settings is not covered in my video above.

Hope this helps.

dear @ruenel,

thanks for your fast and detailed reply!

yes. i am aware that there are other components which might call the google font api.
i am referring only to the theme. and i recall, that it was said 2 or 3 years ago, that the theme cannnot configured in a way that it is not making these calls. so what i need is a definitive technique to block the theme from making these calls. is what you described enough?

i also use these tools to block calls from the websit to google fonts:

https://de.borlabs.io/borlabs-font-blocker/

but they might not work 100% with pro. can you tell me anything about that?

i also wonder if there is a “real” forum for theme.co where users exchange ideas and ask questions. i never get any reply or a conversation from users here.

thans again and have a great weekend! kai

Hey Kai,

If you only use System Fonts in the Theme Options and in the Builders, NO Google Font will be loaded. Our themes DO NOT use hard-coded Google Fonts.

If you see Google Fonts loaded in your site after using only System Fonts, check your other plugins.

Regarding the “user exchange” or Peer to Peer forum, it’s not removed from our system as there is not much activity in there.

Thanks for understanding and have a great week.

dear @christian
thanks for clarifying!
i remember reading that the theme - even though it does not load a google font - still makes api calls to google. i will test this soon.
i wonder if i am the only one from germany trying to figure this out?
thanks again! kai

Hey Kai,

Not sure what you remember but the fact is, our theme does not hard code Google Fonts. It’s all in the settings and as I previously have said, if you just change to System Fonts, no Google Fonts will be loaded in your site.

Please investigate your plugins and if you’re using a child theme, check your child theme custom codes.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.