Remove container and make Home page full screen?

Hello, so I’m having to redo my entire website and starting from scratch

So my Home page is setup, but it seems there is a container that is enabled, stopping my Home page from going edge to edge

www.mrpowerwash.co

I tried looking at the Page settings, but I don’t see the option anymore to remove containers on the pages?

Thanks!

Just to clarify, I would like to make the Sections & Rows go edge to edge of the website

I would also like the images I’ve added to a Row to fully span that row from edge to edge

Thanks!

Hello John,

Thanks for writing in! To resolve your issue, simply edit the page and change the page template to “Blank - No Container | Header, Footer”. For more details about the different page templates in the theme, please check this out:

Best Regards.

That’s what I thought, but I can’t seem to find that option when trying to edit the page itself?

Here’s a screenshot:

There is also no option at the bottom of the left hand panel either

So the Page Attributes section is in the right hand tool bar, but there is no template option to change like I’ve seen before.

I went to the Pages Preferences and everything seems to be enabled, but maybe I’m missing something?

I also just realized I’m using the Pro theme & not a Child theme of it. Maybe that has something to do with it?

What’s the easiest way to create a good Child theme of Pro to use?

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

The page template option is available for the pages only. If you are editing the post items, you should create your own custom single layout instead. Kindly check out these videos:

If there is a need to use a Pro child theme, you can get it here:

Thanks.

Hmm neither one of those really helped me figure out why I can’t get the Sections to span edge to edge.

Do I need to create a new page first and start over?

I guess I’m just confused

In regard to the Child, I always thought it was the proper way to run a wordpress website & theme, by utilizing a Child theme so your site/theme don’t have issues when the master files are updated?

Is this not the case? I should run a Child Theme correct?

Hello John,

Your homepage is still using the default page template. If you switch to Blank - No Container | Header, Footer, the sections, with the background colored blue, should be from on the left to the right edge of your browser. If you want, I can create a demo for you. We just need your WP Access details. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

As for the child theme, if you are modifying template PHP files, or adding custom CSS styles and javascript files, it would highly be recommended to have a child theme.

Best Regards.

Ahh I finally figured it out and was able to remove the container!

I don’t plan on doing any PHP or CSS beyond what Cornerstone offers, so I guess I won’t worry about running a Child theme.

Thanks for all of your help!

Hi John,

Glad that you were able to figure that out.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.