Recent Products and feature image

Hi,

I have created this home page using Pro and Pro header.

Summary
  1. On the Revolution Slider, how can I add a preview/thumbnail of the video?
  2. On Section 6, I want to be able to click on each image and link it to a URL.
  3. On Section 9, column 1 - I have added the code on the Text to display recent products. I want to display only three products per row. How can I do that without leaving a space at the end?
  4. On Section 9, column 2 - How can I link this section to a featured product or any product on the website.

Thank you for your great support, always.

Hi @Mang,

Thank you for writing in, 1) Unfortunately, Revolution Slider has no video-thumbnail-preview feature.

2.) Image element has a Link option, you can enable that add paste your URL on the URL field.

3.) Is that a shortcode? Something like this?

[products limit="4" columns="4"]

If so, you can adjust that columns property value.

4.) It seems you already able to link this section?

Cheers!

Thank you friech.

You might have to login to know how these sections are built.

1. The images in this section are part of a grid. There is no link option.

2. Yes it a shortcode -
    [recent_products per_page=“8” columns=“4” orderby=“date” order=“desc”]

When I reduce the column to 3, it leaves space after the images. Please see attached.

3. I was able to link this section to a product by adding this javascript
    jQuery(".singleprod").wrap("<a href='https://dev.mangtum.com/shop/fine-art/art/without-weight-and-dimension/'></a>");
    But I want the featured image of the product to show on this section. How do I do that?
    Also if I have to link this section to a featured product, how do I do that?

How can I add a secure note on this converstion?

Thanks

Hello @Mang,

Thanks for updating in!

2.) Regretfully you cannot insert a link in a cell. There is no option for a link in the cell element settings. You will have to insert an image element before you can have a link.

3.) Please remove this custom CSS from your child theme’s style.css file:

.woocommerce li.product {
    margin: 0 2% 4.5% 0 !important;
}

And it looks like you are using a cached version of the old versions of the styling. You need to clear the plugin caches and regenerate the minified JS/CSS files since you have install Autoptimize plugin.

4.) Your custom JS code breaks the column structure which will lead to another issue. If you want to add a link, it is best that you insert an image element, display the product featured image and not use the featured image as a column background. With the image element, you can insert a link in the image element settings.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Ruenel.

Just curious - how did you figure out I am using cached version of the old versions of the styling.
How can I add a secure note on the conversation?

Thanks

Hello @Mang,

When I viewed the source code of your site, I noticed that there is a script generated from Autoptimize. That is how I figured out the cached version.

You already have added a secure note in your first reply. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel,

For No 3, I remove the CSS but it did not resolve the issue.
For No 4, I added a new Section (section 10) and an image element to the section, to test the image element. Some how I am not able to add feature image to the image element. Not sure if I am doing it the right way. I have tried several times.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi @Mang,

3.) That seems to be a bug with the recent product shortcode, to resolve that please add this to your Page > CSS

.woocommerce .cols-3 li.product, .woocommerce.columns-3 li.product {
    width: 30.666666%;
}

4.) Please inspect the image element and see the Source field, that is where you can insert or upload image.

Image element

Thanks,

Thank you friech.

When I try to link the image to the featured image, I am getting an error. Basically I am not able to get any of the dynamic functionality to work.

Hi @Mang,

You need to specify the post/product ID to add the featured image or link to the specific element using dynamic content.
Here I tried to show you an example how you can add that, please find the videos below.

To add the featured image:
https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/565389?key=5790d6c60af82626f54a693b85e0814b

To add the link:
https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/565412?key=b6ab5ebdee8a19ae321b38cf03ca9c21

Hope it helps.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.