Recaptcha error in cornerstone

I get this message in cornerstone in the bottom left corner where the recaptcha image is:
ERROR for site owner: Invalid domain for site key

I can’t make any changes to pages as a result.

I have found that removing either the google analytics script from the header of the site, or removing the recaptcha integration of contact form 7 makes this error message go away. I have double checked all my google settings and they are all correct, I deleted and re-entered all of the keys and code to the site, but still get this problem, only using Cornerstone. The rest of the site works fine, including my google analytics info and the recaptcha on the contact forms.

Hello @jpenns,

Thanks for writing in! Please make sure that you have set up the Google Captcha correctly. Kindly check out this page first:

Best Regards.

Two problems:

1. In the Google admin page, I don’t have an option for recaptcha-v2, it only gives me v3 as an option

2. The instructions don’t tell you where to put the recaptcha site keys into the wordpress settings. It just says “wordpress admin.” I found the “recaptcha integration” screen in the contact form settings so that’s where I’ve put them. But that’s where I had it before. I still get the error on cornerstone pages, even pages where I don’t have any contact forms.

Hi @jpenns,

What version of Contact form 7 do you have? If you have Contact form 7 5.1 you need to use the reCAPTCHA (v3), please follow the guide below.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache). This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks,

Hello, yes I am using the most recent version of Contact Form, and using recaptcha v3. I have configured it correctly as per that guide, but still get this issue. The difference is that now it seems I can save cornerstone pages even though I still get that same error message.

Hello @jpenns,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.