Question about an alternative for 'The Content' element

Hello!

I am currently building a website with blogs for a client of mine. On another website I used an element ‘The Content’ to show the text of a blog post in my Layout for individual blog posts. I got this part working after a long search.

And now on the new website I didn’t find the element ‘The Content’ that I used before. What happened? And how can I include the text of a blog post within my Layout of individual blog posts?

The title and summary are there as elements, but the content/text is not… hopefully you can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Lisa,

Thanks for writing to us.

Please note that the “The content” element is only available for the single page on the Layout builder. In case if it is not working for you I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello!

First of all, thank you for your detailed explanation. Where this goes wrong is that I use a WC Single Layout.

Sorry for the confusion. Since the creation of a product is very similar in the text area to a blog post, I have completely mixed this up in my explanation.

The website for which I want to use ‘The Content’ element is a single product page. A WC Single Layout where the design is ready. Now there is a ‘Product Long Description’ that extracts the text from the textarea. But this is the flat format. I just hope to be able to give this text some styling without using HTML/CSS. Since my client does not master any code.

Is there an option to give the long description a styling?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Lisa,

Regretfully there is no setting available to format the content on the “Product long description” element at the moment.

Thanks for understanding

Hello!

Thank you for the support! I’ve now solved it with ACF fields and that’s okay for now.

Glad that you’ve figured out a solution, Lisa.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.