Proper sizes of the images

Hello,

is it possible to get somewhere image restrictions for single image element, for slider and other graphic elements on the website. That I can prepare the original files in a way that they look good and the page is loading faster still.

Sometimes when I crop the file, it does not take the whole size of the content container for example. But I want to know such kind of sizes, that would work automatically and would not be heavy in this case.

The page is - www.collectivecrunch.com and I use the Silverlight demo template and Ethos stack.

Please let me know.

Best regards,
Damira Teppo

Hi Damira,

Thanks for reaching out.
The images are resized based on the size specified using with add_image_size function. You can change the predefined media sizes from the Settings > Media. Please find the screenshot describing the options.

I would also request you specify the images in your given URL, where you are getting the issue.

Thanks

Hello,

thank you for your answer and this tip.

The issue is coming from the site speed tests. So, it shows that pictures should be properly sized in order to save loading time. For example for the page https://www.collectivecrunch.com/linda-forest-the-leading-ai-solution-for-the-forestry-industry/ on the 3 column element I needed to guess the size of the pic in order to fill the whole container, also too big pics were cropped not properly in the case of this element. Then I noticed that 598px × 436px size work ok for the case of crop by the element. So, I would like somehow to know what are those appropriate sizes for such kind of graphic elements and that I would be able to decrease loading time of the pages.

Best regards,
Damira Teppo

Hi Damira,

If your concern is about the loading time of your page. I suggest that you apply lazy loading to your images. From my point of view, I suggest that you will use the A3 Lazy Load Plugin it will help you to decrease the loading time of your pages without losing the quality of your images.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hello,

thank you very much for your suggestion. I will try that.

Best regards,
Damira Teppo

You’re welcome, Damira.

Hello,

I am here back. I used A3 Lazy Load Plugin on the page https://www.collectivecrunch.com, but now videos are not apearing on the front page and on the page - https://www.collectivecrunch.com/linda-forest-the-leading-ai-solution-for-the-forestry-industry/.

Also images are loading longer now, even the result needed to be different.

Could you please let me know what can be the reason for this problem?

Best regards,
Damira Teppo

Hello Damira,

The A3 Lazy Load plugin will only display the image once it is in the view content of the browser. The video should also display without any conflict with the plugin. We highly recommend that you clear your plugin caches and do some troubleshooting with the most common issues on your site. It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

• Testing for Plugin Conflict
  • Theme Update
  • Child Theme
  • CSS/JS Customization
  • Disabling Cache
  • Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello,

I will try those things. Thanks!

However, the issue appeared directly after activation of the plugin mentioned above.

Best regards,
Damira

Hi Damira,

If the said plugin is the reason behind your issue, I would suggest you deactivate the plugin and contact the plugin author on this issue. Please let me know how it goes for you.

Please remember that we don’t offer any support or investigation to the 3rd party plugin or related issues.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.