Problems with Superfly menu

Hi,

I’ve copied a site to a dev environment and run updates on it. Superfly wasn’t activated via the X menu as it gave an error and was activated via the plugins screen (as advised by yourself) so isn’t updating. After searching on here and finding some similar problems I deleted it and reinstalled and activated via the X screen. Now the menu button isn’t showing.

I’ve looked in the Chrome Inspect tool and there are some javascript issues, including it saying it can’t find a superfly js file: /wp-content/plugins/superfly-menu/includes/vendor/looks_awesome/icon_manager/js/util.js .

It also came up with the below error:

superfly-menu.js:413 Uncaught ReferenceError: LAIconManagerUtil is not defined
at HTMLLIElement. (superfly-menu.js:413)
at Function.each (jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1:2)
at s.fn.init.each (jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1:2)
at Object.attachExtraTo (superfly-menu.js:390)
at Object.build (superfly-menu.js:314)
at Object.init (superfly-menu.js:522)
at superfly-menu.js:1652

I’ve not got these issues on the live site.

I’ll send site details of the site and access via a private note.

Thanks

Hi Rowena,

Thanks for reaching out!

I don’t see any errors in your staging area and everything is up to date. I suspect it was a cache on your end then I suggest that you clear your browser cache and any 3rd party cache plugins.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi,

I’m a bit confused, I had turned off all caching and purged them, and cleared my browser cache, but I’ve done it again and tested in incognito mode and just tried on another machine and I still can’t see the hamburger menu in the top left hand corner. To make sure I wasn’t going mad I’ve run both sites through google pagespeed as that generates a screenshot, on that the menu button is missing on the staging site. I’ll upload both screenshots on a secure note. Thanks

I can’t attach via secure note so here’s the screenshots from pagespeed insights

Hi Rowena,

I checked you Superfly Menu installation and it seems a few of the file is missing. I would suggest you delete the current version and re-install it from X > Validation once again.

Your Installation:

Actual Files:
Index-of-barber-wp-content-plugins-superfly-menu-6ECYH7-includes-vendor-looks_awesome-icon_manager-js

Please let us know if you face the same problem even after re-installation.

Thanks

Hi,

I did try that before but I’ve tried again in case something had changed.

I also checked that the old folder had been properly deleted in the plugins folder as well before reinstalling, cleared all caches etc but I still get the same error and the files you have shown above are still missing and not in the folder.

Thanks

Hello Rowena,

If that is the case, to better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Rue,

Is that not the information I attached on the initial post? Based on the screenshot above Tristup used them and accessed the backend fine so I assume it works? The user account I set up is an Administrator account.

You can have access and make changes. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

Hi Rowena,

I have deactivated the plugin and re-install it from the X > Validation and it seems that the problem is resolved and the SuperFly Menu starts appearing in the frontend.

Thanks

Hi ,

I need to trash this environment now and copy back over from production and update and make sure everything works fine before I update production, as I need a process that will work on production. I did try this several times and I’m a bit confused with why it would suddenly work this time unless something has changed. Also there are some files missing from your screenshot above that weren’t downloaded, and the utils.js file (which was causing the problem) was modified 6 minutes after the other files in the directory (see screenshot). Will my update work if I redo it from fresh or do I need to save the utils.js file and upload it separately afterwards and if so do I need templates.js and view.js files as well?

Hey There,

If you push from staging to live it should be a 1:1 replication so there should not be any issue with the plugin anymore.

Hi,

I can’t do that, it has a WooCommerce store on it and that will overwrite existing customers and orders created in the past 6 days, also this isn’t my website, the owner could have written blog posts/made changes to other plugins like Yoast settings. So I need a procedure that means I can update production after I’ve ensured it works fine on an identical copy on a staging environment. Should I save the utils.js file and upload it myself manually? I’m fine to do that if you could confirm this is the actual issue.

Is there a problem with the current installation of the Superfly plugin within X? Can you not tell me the procedure you took? This feels like a lot of hard work to get the correct information on this, you told me you followed this procedure, can I do this on the production environment or do I need to copy the utils.js file over afterwards to get it to work?

I have deactivated the plugin and re-install it from the X > Validation and it seems that the problem is resolved and the SuperFly Menu starts appearing in the frontend.

Hey There,

We did not edit any files. We reinstalled the plugin so if you are using the latest version of the plugin you won’t have any issues. The most likely reason for your issue was that some of your files were corrupted which can happen at random times when updating or installing a plugin. Reinstalling a plugin like we did often solves this.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.