Problems with Revolution Slider after updating it this morning

Hi my website is www.example.com and this morning I updated the revolution slider to the most recent version. Initially it worked ok but soon it stopped loading up. I then went to the home page on the dashboard, clicked on edit and just hit update and the revolution slider began working again. However, I just noticed it has stopped loading up. I’m very new to WordPress and still learning! Looking for some help on this!

Thanks!

Hello William,

Thanks for writing in! After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches since you have installed the WP Total Cache plugin so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Good morning,

Last night the revolution slider stopped working again. I cleared the cache in my cache plugin and played around with the settings but didn’t have any luck. This morning I cleared the cache again and still no slider. I then turned off the minify JavaScript setting in the hummingbird plugin and immediately the revolution slider began working.

I have been trying to improve the speed of how my website loads up and I recently installed the plugin smush to optimize and lazy load pictures and the hummingbird plugin to compress files and minify CSS and JavaScript.

Initially the hummingbird plugin seemed to work fine with the revolution slider, until I updated the slider. Are there any optimization or cache plugins that you would recommend that may improve the speed of how my website loads up and works well with the revolution slider?

Website info:
Bluehost shared hosting
Sucuri firewall, DNS and CDN
WP Super Cache plugin
Smush plugin- optimize and lazy load pictures
Hummingbird plugin- compress files, minify CSS, turned off JavaScript minify setting to get revolution slider working again.

Thanks for your help!

Hello William,

These issues generally come due to cache, JS/CSS minification, and a plugin conflict. You must troubleshoot the common issue with our troubleshooting guide. For the cache and JS/CSS minification, you must exclude the required files that are required in the cache or minification plugin(JS/CSS and HTML optimization plugin)

Please have a look at these videos to learn more about the minification of the JS/CSS file

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey William,

Request granted.

Thank you.