Pro Theme, Soliloquy and Envira Gallery

I was told by the Soliloquy people to enter this code on the functions page for the Pro theme so that I can get the Addons and functions for the Multi option.

add_action(‘after_setup_theme’, ‘x_show_soliloquy_license’); function x_show_soliloquy_license() { remove_action( ‘init’, ‘x_soliloquy_remove_license_functionality’, 9999 ); }

They assured me that this code would work if I placed it at the bottom of the functions page but it did not! This code was required for the license field to show up on the settings page so that I can put the license key in there to access the Addons etc. Why is it not working? Is this a Pro issue or a Soliloquy issue? The Soliloquy tech didn’t know why it wasn’t working and he suggested I contact you.

I also purchased the Envira Gallery Pro option. When I checked today to see if the Soliloquy license field was showing up, on the Soliloquy page, I got this error for the Envira Gallery that the license key was missing or the user was deleted! See the images attached.

Would you suggest I not upgrade and just use the basic options that come with the Pro theme? I have wasted so much time on these plugins because of the licensing not showing up so I can’t even use the advanced features I purchased!!

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 10.04.06 PM|690x173

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 10.01.52 PM|690x288

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 9.55.46 PM|690x320

My question is, are these plugins in conflict with the Pro theme and if so, how can it be resolve IF they can be resolved? Thanks in advance for your help.

By the way, I just checked and these screenshots are not showing up. Should I use the secure note?

designerwriter

Hello Grace,

Thanks for the very detailed information. You may have inserted the incorrect code.
Please make use of this code instead:

add_action('after_setup_theme', 'x_soliloquy_show_license_functionality'); 
function x_soliloquy_show_license_functionality() { 
	remove_action( 'soliloquy_settings_styles', 'x_soliloquy_hide_key_box' );
}

If this is NOT helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Regards.

It worked ruenel! Thank you. I was able to put the license in there and enable the Addons. The other code which didn’t work was the code I was given.

Now I have to find out why the Envira Gallery license field with all of the Addons disappeared. Is this code correct on the functions page for Envira Gallery?

add_action( ‘after_setup_theme’, ‘x_show_envira_license’ );

function x_show_envira_license() {
remove_action( ‘envira_gallery_admin_styles’, ‘x_envira_gallery_hide_key_box’ );
remove_action( ‘admin_print_scripts’, ‘x_envira_gallery_hide_license_errors’, 20 );
}

Just checking. I did send them a support ticket as well but I thought you might be able to help me.

Hey Grace,

That code, if just copied here in the forum without the code formatting, might not work. That’s because the forum “prettifies” quotes.

code formatted quote looks like this ' while the prettified one looks like this ‘.

Use the following code which I’ve just tested to be working.

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'x_show_envira_license' );

function x_show_envira_license() {
  remove_action( 'envira_gallery_admin_styles', 'x_envira_gallery_hide_key_box' );
  remove_action( 'admin_print_scripts', 'x_envira_gallery_hide_license_errors', 20 );
}

Hope that helps.

Hi Christian. I pasted the code in. I signed into Envira Gallery. The license key I saved initially which was pasted in there was giving me the “invalid license” issue. This license key is different than the one on the website which is so confusing. So I repasted this new one and verified it and it worked. The invalid error went away. I am curious why the license key was different from the initial purchased one. It is now active but when attempted to install and activate the Addons, I get this error now, “In order to get access to Addons, you need to resolve your license key errors.” I cleared the cache numerous times for WP and in the tools section of the Envira Gallery and I still cannot see the Addons to install and activate them!

Then, I copied the license key in my section on their website, verified it, just to see if would resolve the Addons issue and the invalid license message is appearing again. This is not a great system if it’s causing this type of problem. There’s no one to help me because they only work during the week during business hours which is not good for freelancers.

I don’t even know WHY the first license key disappeared which caused this problem in the first place. I didn’t go in there to delete or change it. I wonder if there is a glitch in the system that deletes the license key automatically. I am not sure. Could this be a code issue again causing the glitch? I wonder if this is just an issue with the Pro theme and the code that is used…the one I just placed on the functions page.

Hello Grace,

The code above will only show the license field for the plugin because, by default, we have hidden it away since the plugin is bundled in the theme. The license code issue code could be a bug between the plugin validation process and that license code authenticator in the system of the plugin’s site. We are just glad that revalidating the plugin again resolves the issue.

Best Regards.

It isn’t working again last time I checked. How can this be fixed? I paid for the Pro version and I can’t even get the license validated because it keeps giving me this error and I can’t download the Addons. I will see what the Envira people say.

Do you have any other suggestions of what gallery I can use that doesn’t give me this issue? If I can’t get beyond the licensing validation issue then what’s the point in owning it? At least I got Soliloquy to work.

Hello Grace,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I sent you the secure note Reunel. Thanks.

Hello Grace,

The other license will not work because it has NOT been assigned to your staging URL. Only the license code in the secure note will work because this is the one being assigned to your staging URL.

See the secure notes.

Hope this helps.

I see. So will it work now? What happens when I switch it over to my website from the dev website? Will the license work then? I am confused. Paste that code into license key field then verify it? I tried that and I get this message: “There was an error connecting to the remote key API. Please try again later.” What do you suggest I do now?

Hey Grace,

I’d like to clarify first that your Pro license is not connected to a license validation system of third-party bundled plugins. With that said, even if you register your site to your Pro license and want to validate Envira Gallery, it won’t work.

What you’re experiencing could be a problem with Envira Gallery license validation system as Ruenel said previously but to be sure that our theme is not causing that issue, please switch to the default WordPress theme like the Twenty Twenty theme and see if the issue with Envira Gallery would be resolved.

It’s highly unlikely that our theme is the cause of the Envira Gallery license validation though as the only override included in our themes is the hiding of the license field.

After that, especially if the issue still persists, download Envira Gallery Pro from its author and then back up all galleries in your site and uninstall Envira Gallery there. Then, install the version you got from the author and validate it with the Envira Gallery license. Just to clarify again, our themes’ license nor our license validation system is not connected to 3rd party plugins’ license nor any 3rd party license validation system.

If you still encounter issues after the tests, please contact the Envira Gallery Pro author for support. The author will be the one to provide support for all Envira Gallery related issues now. You can still report to us if our theme is proven to be causing issues to Envira Gallery. The theme switch test I’ve described above will quickly let you know if our theme is causing the issue.

Hope that helps.

Christian it didn’t work with that theme either! I have to get back to Edwin at Envira Gallery. Will tell you how it is resolved.

Hi Grace,

Please let us know the feedback from them on this.

Thanks

I will tristup. I quoted some of what was said so that they have a good idea of what’s going on and it’s not the theme. I should be hearing back from them today hopefully.

Hi Grace,

That’s good to hear and just let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

This was Edwin’s reply at Envira Gallery:

Hi, Grace!

What I mean is that I cleared the transients and cache in the backend. The key was being pulled anyway from the site cache so I deleted the main plugin and re-installed it using your key to activate the license and that worked. I can’t confirm what exactly caused the issue because there were no obvious errors except for the information about the key.

It worked! But I have no idea what happened to the other key. I am just glad it is fixed. I do like Envira products but I agree that the less plugins I use the better to avoid any conflicts. I need Envira Gallery for the protection it gives me for my photographs. I decided to use the Rows and Columns for the other section because it is quick and it only deals with the elements within the Pro theme which in my opinion, would lead to less conflicts in the long run.

Grace

Great! Thank you for sharing this information.

You’re welcome Ruenel. I hope it is helpful for someone else. I always get to the bottom of a tech issue. If I don’t, I don’t eat. I am a freelancer. It kind of lights a fire you know.
designerwriter

Yes, it is helpful.
Have a good day.