Pro theme / Integrity Stack / Blog Page Layout

I wonder why my blog page layout is different to the one in the docs.

My settings in cornerstone->theme options->blog are:
Style: Masonry
Layout: Fullwidth
columns: 2

No matter what I do: the image is always on the left of the excerpt and not above. this does not change on mobile devices, which makes reading very inconvenient.

the same counts for the post page itself.

in addition: if you resize the width of the blog page - there’s a strange reorder effect of the first two blogposts. The second slides over the first.

Any hints are very appreciated.

Hello Ondrej,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site it seems that there is some JS console error it might be due to plugin conflict, JS/CSS customization issue, or cache issue. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello prakash.
Thank you for your reply. Well if you would look closely on my secure note (which you actually did, because you’ve found a URL for checking the js error) you might find the requested information as well.

I’ll check the caching plugin and will report.

EDIT: I turned the caching off. Cleared the history of the browser (cookies, cache, etc…), tested in private window: problem persists. Caching is not the culprit.

EDIT2: I deactivated all non essential plugins. No effect. If you test the same as I did do not touch slider revolution, you’ll need ftp access to restore the site.
See my new thread: Deactivating Slider Revolution Plugin causes a PHP error

As I recall - the blog never looked different. It wasn’t a big issue to me but the client wishes to change that. The only thing I could change was the “list” look and the “masonry” look. but the masonry look had always the feature image on the left of the text. So I did some research and looked at the documentation closely and saw your masonry layout looks way different. That kinda puzzles me.

Hello Ondrej,

The masonry look of your site the feature image on the left of the text because you have added this custom CSS:

.entry-featured {
	box-shadow: 0px 0em 0em 0px rgba(0,0,0,0.0);
	width: 20%;
	float: left;
	margin-left: 50px;
}

.entry-wrap {
	width: 65%;
	float: left;
}

Best Regards.

pls edit the reply and put the screenshot into a secure not. Thank you.

And damn. I totally missed this. Thx for the headsup.

H iOndrej,

I have already moved the screenshot with the content of your website in the secure note and we’re glad that my colleague was able to help you with your issue. If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

Ok. Here we go. the .entry-thumb class is the same object (image) on the blog page and on the blog post page. That means on the blog page the size of the image looks ok but on the blog post page its humongous (100% width).

Just to be sure: Am I right, I have to edit the template code itself if I want to style those images separately?

Can I hide the .wp-post-image class on the post page only?

EDIT: Figured it out! I can add a class to the body of the single post page and so I can target the entry-thumb class on the single post page only with css.

Hi Ondrej,

Not sure what exactly you are trying to do here. If you trying to point the entry-thumb class of the Single Post page you can do it by using .single .entry-thumb selector. Your CSS code will look like the following one.

.single .entry-thumb
{

}

Hope it helps.
Thanks

yes exactly. I just didn’t find the .single class in the code so I assigned a custom css to the single page body and it works.

Hi Ondrej,

We’re glad that you’re able to figure it out! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.