Pro theme - clean install - Google Pagespeed Insight result

Dear Support,

I have a new WP site, I have uploaded the Pro theme and the Pro-child theme nothing else. No media added, no demo content loaded, no javascript added, no other plugins installed, no posts or pages were created.

You can see the Google Pagespeed Insight suggestions below.

My questions:

• What is WP related?
  • What is Pro Theme related?
  • If there is any suggestions related to Pro theme, can you guys fix it with an update?

Have a nice day,
Ben

P.S.: I’ve removed the link of my site.

Optimization Suggestions

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
Your page has 3 blocking script resources and 4 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.

None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.

Remove render-blocking JavaScript:

• …-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.12.4
  • …s/jquery/jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.4.1
  • …assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js?ver=3.2.5

Optimize CSS Delivery of the following:

• …ite/stacks/integrity-light.css?ver=2.2.5
  • …t/css/site/integrity-light.css?ver=2.2.5
  • …ent/themes/pro-child/style.css?ver=2.2.5
  • …400,400i,700,700i&subset=latin,latin-ext

Enable compression

Compressing resources with gzip or deflate can reduce the number of bytes sent over the network.
Enable compression for the following resources to reduce their transfer size by 384.4KiB (74% reduction).

• Compressing …ite/stacks/integrity-light.css?ver=2.2.5 could save 139.4KiB (84% reduction).
  • Compressing …assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js?ver=3.2.5 could save 110.3KiB (71% reduction).
  • Compressing …-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.12.4 could save 61.9KiB (65% reduction).
  • Compressing …ro/framework/dist/js/site/x.js?ver=2.2.5 could save 44.8KiB (73% reduction).
  • Compressing …assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js?ver=3.2.5 could save 15.6KiB (64% reduction).
  • Compressing http:…com/ could save 12.3KiB (69% reduction).

Hey Ben,

Thanks for writing in. The jquery.js and jquery-migrate.min.js are from WordPress and cs-head.js is from Pro. Those CSS are from the theme too.

Out of the box, websites built with WordPress are not optimized yet. The site owner or webmaster is the one responsible for optimizing his WordPress built site. This is not an issue with the theme.

We have a Performance guide that you can follow at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-performance/210. Please just note that it is a general guide. We do not support issues coming from website optimization and that won’t make your Google Pagespeed or GTMetrix score perfect because website optimization varies from site to site.

If you’re not comfortable doing the suggestions in the guide, it would be best that you consult with an agency who offers speed optimization like https://wpspeedguru.com/

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

thanks for your answer.

Ben

You’re welcome, Ben.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.