Pro Theme 4.0.11 and Envira Gallery issues

Link to page is in “secured note”.

Hello there. I have some major issues with the Envira Gallery plugin.

1. the only setting that works as expected is:
    a) automatic gallery layout. here “enable title/caption” works as expected. Hover over, the content appears. All other layouts do not display title nor caption.
    b) Links in the caption using “Base (Dark)” for the lightbox are ignored (non existent in the front end). This works using legacy lightbox theme though. (see tab “social media”)

2. the tab element does not work in MS EDGE. No problems with Mozilla. In Chrome switching between the tabs, renders the first tab empty. A reload fixes the problem.

Pls do not tell me, I shall post my issues to envira. If envira is so faulty (which I doubt btw.) why would you include it to your recommended plugins?

Hey There,

I’ve tried to replicate the issue and could not. Can you please send me the specific versions of Chrome and Edge you’re running. Thanks!

check note

Hello Ondrej,

Please be aware that if you have installed the Pro theme, you no longer need the Cornerstone plugin because it is already integrated with the Pro theme. As I have inspected your page, I can see that you have inserted Envira Gallery inside a tabbed content element. Be aware that a grid, slider, or gallery just like from the Envira gallery needs to initialize when the page is loaded. It is NOT highly recommended that you insert these in tabbed contents because the tab content limits the initialization or loading of the grid, slider, or gallery. If you want to avoid any issues in your design, please make sure that the grid, slider or gallery will be independent to load on your page.

Hope this makes sense.

Well yes. It make sense. It would be nice, if the implementation of a gallery (does not need to be envira) would work inside the elements of the theme. And yes, I call still the editor cornerstone. I like that name more than just “editor” :smiley: :D. I guess I’ll will have to redesign that page and use “portfolio” which I would like to avoid for the sake of simplicity and flexibility.

EDIT: Well I need to correct myself. It make sense just because you - as the creator of the software - says so. I have already “grid in grid” layout, which works just perfect. And in respect to the tab issue - well this is in chrome only. Hmmm…

And additionally I’ve tested to place the envira gallery on a single page in a column. simple layout:
section -> row -> column -> gallery. I had the same issues. The only gallery layout that worked (kinda) as intended was the “automatic layout”.

Hi Ondrej,

If your issue only happens in Chrome, then there must be something in Chrome that prevents the grid from loading even the grid is inside the tabbed content element. Be aware that we do not have any control over the browser. The theme, plugins, and all the elements only relies on the browser on how it will render the element into the browser window.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please visit the page again. I added a third tab. Here’s the thing:

Klicking on the second tab “social media” and back to “produkt” the “produkt” tab renders empty. Klicking on the third tab “logos” and back to “produkt” the “produkt” tab renders as it should.

So, pls elaborate how can I investigate the issue. Chrome’s console does not report any errors or warnings. And yes there must be something, obviously. As I see the possible reasons:

1. It is the tab element (code) which has a problem with chrome
  2. it is envira, which you recommend as a “partner” product, which means you have a deal with envira. I wonder how good that is.
  3. I use your code the way it was not designed for. I did not find any info in the docs preventing me to do so.

Contrary to your suggestions not nesting tabs in grid - this works. and it works on all devices.

And one more thing - inside the editor, all’s just fine… all tabs render without any issues.

Hi Ondrej,

I have checked your site in different browsers and didn’t find the issue you described, can you please check once by clearing all type of cache.
Please find a video made while testing the issue.

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/2432307?key=76e6ac57ab5cdfb6fb4e16480c985cb8

Thanks

Hello.
Well clearing caches was what I did first. More than once, site and browser’s cache and history. The issue persists. But as I’m obviously the only one with that issue I can sleep well with that. Thx for trying.

Have you any other info about the ms edge/tab issue and envira gallery perks I described above in point 1? Or is this just me again?

Hi Ondrej,

The link https://la-gioia.eu/la-gioia-downloads is not accessible anymore because when I visit the link it redirects me to the homepage. So, we can’t answer you’re follow-up question, please make the link live again so that we can check it.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hello Marc
I had to publish the page and now it is only accessible for the members. So if you log in with the credentials provided, you will be able to load the page.

Hello Ondrej,

I have tested your site in MS Edge and this is what I am seeing. I can replicate your issue.

There is a delay of the display or to no-display at all. This is because of the initialization of the plugin to load into the page.

Please check my video.

Thank you for your effort! Right. So what is your suggestion?
Because of the few images I’d like to avoid to utilize “Portfolios”. That would be like shooting sparrows with a bazooka. But I need the “lightbox” with a downloadlink feature though, hence envira is a nifty thing for that.

Anyway. There are more issues with envira. The dark layout does not show any links included in the description in the light box. The classic mode does. Btw. I tested this with the gallery not nested in any element but section -> row -> columng -> envira.

Hi Ondrej,

Unfortunately, the URL is not accessible even the login URL is also redirecting to the Home Page. Can you please check and get back to us on this.
I would like to inform you that a few hours ago we have released another version of the theme with some fixes, I would recommend you to update your theme to the latest one.

Thanks

Hey Ondrej,

Even going to the wp-admin redirects to your home page.

We are not aware of any issues with Envira similar to what you’ve described so this could be new. This requires some more investigation though so it would be best that you copy your live site to a staging server so we could continue investigating. Please then provide the same access as your live site.

Thanks.

please see secure note

Hi Ondrej,

Unfortunately, the given credentials for staging are not working. Can you please check and send it once again.

Thanks

I can log in without issues… using the original wp login address. Do you receive any error message?

I can see a positive log in to the backend in my log:

Hey Ondrej,

The problem now is your username and/or password doesn’t work for the live site. Staging access works but Envira is not installed in there. Please give correct access to the live site and give us a working URL where we can see the issue both live and staging.

Right… see secure not

For some reason I get a PHP error after activating envira on the staging site. I need to rebuild it, so it’s the same as the live site… anyway you have the credentials for the live site now.