Pro is not working; can't edit pages, just get spinning wheel

I was experiencing this issue before and used support forum. See thread at Cornerstone editor not loading, wheel spinning

It was resolved and then for some reason the Cornerstone page builder is not working. I have not added any new plugins nor made any other changes to the website. Theme X is updated and all of my plugins are updated. This is very, very frustrating!

Hello @cachc,

Thanks for writing in!

The given access is for the staging site and it is not updated. The WP core is 5.7.2, X theme 8.3.3 and there are 18 outdated plugins. Please make sure that everything, as in your WordPress core, theme, and all plugins is up to date. Our latest versions are:

• Pro theme 5.0.7 or
  • X theme 9.0.7
  • Cornerstone 6.0.7
  • WordPress 5.8
  • PHP 7.4

Compatibility: https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Increasing PHP Memory Limit
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If after trying all of the above things you are still experiencing problems, please reply below, including login details to your site in a secure note, so that we can investigate further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Please let us know how it goes.

The website is www.cachc.ca and all of the themes and plugins are up to date. All conflicts checked, and all other trouble shooting done. The problem still persists.

1 Like

Hello @cachc,

I have logged in to your site and I was able to edit a page and load it in the builder. The options page is loading too.

Please see the screenshots in the secure note.

Which page are you editing when you experience the issue? Is it a very long page with lots of page elements? It could be that you have maxed out your PHP time limit or PHP input time. You can check this server settings in Tools > Site Health > Info > Server. You might need to increase it to at least 120 or 300. Kindly check out this article:

kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.