PRO Header on Under Construction page

Hey!

I never use the UC plugin that comes with PRO with my clients but today I started as I want to streamline my process. I loved using a custom page as the page to set the plugin to. I created a PRO footer that would work on all my clients sites while I build them out. I assigned it to a page I created called Under Construction. Then when I chose that page with the UC plugin, it treated that page as the home page and the footer was only assigned to the Under Construction page I made which this messes with actual home page in the backend.

IS THIS CONFUSING? HA! So sorry. I am putting a video in the secure note!
Noelle

Hi @Noellemena,

When a certain page was selected on Custom Under Construction Page this will only appear as homepage when you are not logged in.

When you logged in, the page you set on Admin Settigs >Reading > Homepage will still be the homepage. So the footer assigned to this page will be used not the footer assigned to Custom Under Construction page. Your homepage when you are not logged in is independent/different from the Customer Under Construction page that you built.

Your issue is a little bit weird based on your description. I watched the video though I didn’t see the entire setup. If the mixed up is still happening, please share credentials inside a secure note so we can check your settings.

Hello!

That is not what is happening for me.

1. Made the Under Construction Page with PRO
  2. Assigned a Custom PRO Footer to the same page.
  3. Assigned it as the Custom Page for the UC Plugin to use.
  4. No Footer Showed on the page, just the old standard footer.
  5. So I assigned the footer to both the Home page and Custom Page I did.
  6. Then all shows correctly on the URL when someone visits.
  7. But the footer is also showing on the real home page on the backend. (which makes since because I had to assign it there)

So something is missing :slight_smile: Right now there is only this one footer on the site. I will put login info for you to see. I am working on other things in the backend right now.
Thank you!!
Noelle

Hey Noelle,

We have replicated what you described. The under-construction page though is a special page. That page just houses or outputs the page (e.g. The custom Under Construction page in your site.) you assign to it. That means though you’re seeing your custom under construction page, the address is not actually the under construction page. Hope that makes sense.

The Header and Footer assignments work with the page ID and your Under Construction page, when viewed in incognito, does not use its page ID since it’s housed or displayed only by the Under Construction plugin.

There’s currently no assignment for the Under Construction page so it will use the Global or the Front Page assignment. Because this is a problem for you, I’d recommend removing the Header and Footer assignments to your Under Construction page and set your UC Page Template to Blank No Container | No Header No Footer and recreate the footer within the Content Builder. Don’t assign a Header to the Front Page or Globally though as I just tested the Header is still showing up even the No Header template is used. I’ll report this case along with the bug I’ve discovered.

Alternatively, if you’re designing your home page, don’t use it as your Front Page just yet so you can assign a different Header and Footer to it. Then, just assign the Footer that’s supposed to be for you UC page to the temporary Front Page. The only downside with this is you don’t actually get to use the root domain for the front page.

Hope that helps.

Hey!

You edited my footer (and my backup) and it has been showing messed up on the site. I did not want you to edit my footer :frowning: It no longer has the social icons I had in place or my clients info. It just said me testing at the bottom. Big poo I have to rebuild that now. That is the first time this has happened.

I am still not sure what you all are saying here. I did have the footer assigned to my UC page. I do of course know when the plugin pulls the page in it shows as the home page to people not logged in. I wanted this all to work, but I think I will need to go back to seedprod for this.

I was already working on a different home page that I would have just moved over but this is all getting too complicated. I thought the plugin would simply use the page exactly as I created it.

Thanks anyway, Noelle

Hey Noelle,

I didn’t edit anything in your site. I just checked the setup and replicated it in my test site so not sure who changed it. Editing your footer isn’t necessary in the first place for this investigation.

Thanks.

I do not know who edited the footers either, as I knew there was no need. Very odd as I have never had an issue with support, I think you all are amazing! I wish there was a fix for all of this but I will probably build a template just using pro and use no header or footers for the page when I do this on a new client.

Noelle

Hi Noelle,

Thank you for your message. I checked the setup and I also could recreate the same problem with my installation. I want to inform you that we added this to our issue tracker and our development team will take a look at the problem. But it is a matter of bug report which will take time and the fix can be available in the future releases.

At the moment, I do agree with my colleague that the best way to go forward is to use a page as an Under Construction that has no Header or Footer.

Thank you for reporting this issue Noelle, rest assured that our awesome dev guys will check that and if there is a fix you will see it in the upcoming releases in the Changelog.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

1 Like

Thank you, I will work around as you all get it worked on!
You are all always the best.
Thank you to all of you!
Noelle

Hi Noelle,

Thanks for bearing with us. Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.