Pro header append menu

Hi support team,

i’ve using a global header on a site and i want to add an extra header on some specific pages. but it seems if i setup a second menu for a specific site, it replaces the global one. is it it possible that i can extend the global header with a second menu instead of replacing it?

thx in advance

Hi @Regnalf,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can add another bar in the Global Header and add your second menu inside and assign a class to your bar e.g additional-bar then hide it initially by adding the following code in your Header CSS section:

.additional-bar {
    display: none;
}

Now you can show the bar on specific pages using custom CSS by getting the page ID (see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-locate-post-ids/59), e.g you can add the following code to show it on a page that has page ID page-id-3139:

.page-id-3139 .additional-bar {
    display: block;
}

For multiple pages your CSS would look like:

.page-id-3139 .additional-bar,
.page-id-3140 .additional-bar {
    display: block;
}

Here are some related links for further reading, this could help you in finding and implementing some CSS fixes:

Hope this helps!

thanks, that was a solution i was thinking about too. But i wanted to get sure that there was no option i could have overlook.

Maybe you will take this as an feature request? :slight_smile:

Hey @Regnalf,

An alternative way is to duplicate your Global Header and extend it with an additional menu and then you can assign it on specific pages via header assignment section:

The duplicated header will only show on your assigned pages however your global header will remain global. Hope this helps!

Thx again, but i prefer the first method because you can‘t forget to make changes in both headers or more if you have some.

Hey @Regnalf,

The first method has a bit of a downside because you’re basically adding extra code that will be unused globally.

I’ll list this as feature-request so our development team might take this use case into account for future builder versions.

Thank you for your feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.