Pro-child isn't loaded with Starter/Blank stacks

Hello, I’m trying blank & starter stacks to improve performance.
It seems the pro-child style.css is not loaded with the 2 stacks.
Functions.php is ok but not css…

Any idea?
thanks

Hello @cpennetier,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi @prakash_s,
I filled secure note.
Thanks to your feedback.

Actually, I work on it.

Hey @cpennetier,

The Child theme’s style.css file is actually loaded:

• see the secure note below

If you have your own styling, you may need to check if it is using the correct file path:

Be advised that this is beyond the scope of our support under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One service for further assistance.

Best Regards.

Hello @ruenel,
I want to precise that I have pro-child style.css with integrity stack but not with blank and starter.

Hi @cpennetier,

It is not very clear in your last comment. The child theme style.css is not dependent on the stack you select. Can you please explain a bit more to understand?

Thanks

Hi @tristup,

Sorry to be confused.
When I select the “integrity stack”, I see in the web page code:

• integrity css
  • pro child style.css
  • elements from functions.php in pro-chlid folder

When I select the “starter stack” (or “blank stack”), in the web page code:

• I don’t find any starter css
  • I don’t find the pro child style.css
  • But I see elements from functions.php in pro-chlid folder

My question is why with starter/blank stack the pro-child style.css is not embedded?

I hope I’am clear this time.
Thanks.

Hi @cpennetier,

The Blank and Starter stack does not have any predefined CSS files and you need to add the styles from scratch. And also need to include the child theme syle.css file through the function.php of your child theme, by adding the following code.

function enqueue_parent_styles() {
    wp_register_style('child-theme', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() .'/style.css', array());
    wp_enqueue_style('child-theme');
}
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'enqueue_parent_styles' );

I will check the same with our development team, and if possible, I will add it as feature request for future consideration.

Thanks

Hi @cpennetier,

Just an update, I had a discussion with Charlie and he confirm this as a bug. And it will be fix in upcoming releases.

Thanks

Hi @tristup ,

Thanks, glad to have found a bug.

While we’re on the subject of CSS style sheets, I work a lot with CS’s global.css. But it’s loaded in every page, I don’t understand why it’s not a stylesheet that’s linked in . Idea for a future release? Or how can I get round the problem (without having to put everything in the child theme’s style.css)?

Thank you.

Hey @cpennetier,

If you have page-specific CSS codes, you can edit the page in Cornerstone and insert your custom CSS on that page. The custom CSS that will be applied globally can then be added in the Global CSS. Check out the screenshot below:

Best Regards,
RueNel

Hi @ruenel ,

I know these panel for each page, each component, header, footer…

One incredible feature I’d love is this:
< link rel=“stylesheet” href=“global.css” type=“text/css” media=“all” >

Hey @cpennetier,

We will take note of that and let our developers know about your feedback.

Cheers.