Pro 6.3.0-rc-1 Installation Weirdness!

HI,

I have a weird one here. Previously I had Pro 6.2.9 installed and a Pro Child Theme activated, which obviously pulled through Pro 6.2.9 as the parent theme.

I have now just downloaded Pro 6.3.0-rc1 and installed it. It installed fine, but with one noticeable difference to the past - in the past I would usually see a warning screen asking whether I wanted to install the new version over the existing version. This did not happen in this installation.

Post installation, I now have two versions of Pro installed, seemingly as separate themes! (see screenshot).

I can successfully activate either 6.2.9 or 6.3.0-rc1. However, if the child theme is activated, it will only show 6.2.9.

The website installed is a brand new one, installed a couple of days ago through cPanel > Softaculous. It has a homepage, header, footer and a handful of Components built in 6.2.9, but nothing more.

Can you replicate this scenario?

Thanks,
Christopher

Hey Christopher.

Sorry for the confusion, but the beta uses a different directory now so it involves changing the child theme. See my notes here and have a great weekend.

Hi Charlie,

That one flew me by! Thanks - all makes total sense.

Have a great weekend too.
Christopher

1 Like