Preview could not load due to the iframe response

https://k5y.cd4.myftpupload.com/
I just upgraded to the newest version of Pro and am suddenly getting this error message. I have disabled all plugins and flushed the cache, but still the same message. (This started happening after I pulled content from my production site to my staging site. Maybe unrelated, but thought I’d mention it.) I read through other tickets hoping to find a solution, but didn’t see one that matched. Thanks!

Hi @stacyd,

It seems that there is a critical error in the given URL. There are a few possible reasons for the issue and can help after having the exact errors.
Please add the below-given code into your wp-config.php for debug setup, and the error logged into the file name debug.log inside the wp-content folder.

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
//SET PHP INI DISPLAY ERROR FALSE
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Please find the video that will help you to edit wp-config.php and add the above code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SDPTafEM8o
If you find any error that is related to our theme or theme bundled plugins, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Just sent you login credentials via secure message. Here’s the text from the debug log. Looks like it’s related to Cornerstone, but I don’t see a way to update cornerstone since upgrading to the latest version.

[04-Mar-2021 14:36:35 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Header, because the name is already in use in /var/www/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/regions/class-header.php on line 3
[04-Mar-2021 14:37:28 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Header, because the name is already in use in /var/www/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/regions/class-header.php on line 3
[04-Mar-2021 14:41:38 UTC] PHP Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /var/www/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/admin/class-status.php on line 436
[04-Mar-2021 14:41:52 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Header, because the name is already in use in /var/www/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/regions/class-header.php on line 3
[04-Mar-2021 14:41:59 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Header, because the name is already in use in /var/www/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/regions/class-header.php on line 3
[04-Mar-2021 14:42:07 UTC] PHP Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /var/www/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/admin/class-status.php on line 436
[04-Mar-2021 14:42:15 UTC] PHP Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /var/www/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/admin/class-status.php on line 436
[04-Mar-2021 14:42:22 UTC] PHP Warning: strpos(): Empty needle in /var/www/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/admin/class-status.php on line 436

Hi @stacyd,

Thanks for sharing that error output. That really helps. Some of those files were removed or renamed, so it sounds like the previous version of Pro wasn’t fully deleted before updating to the new one. This can happen if you update via FTP and simply replace the existing files instead of delete the previous version. I would recommend fully deleting Pro and installing it again from the WordPress theme uploader.

Fixed! I switched the theme from the child theme to the Wordpress 2021 theme, then deleted the Pro theme (but left the child theme there). Then reinstalled the Pro theme and set the child theme as active. Resolved all the issues. Thank you!

Ok great! Glad to hear that.

I have the same issue! I can not edit my website. I do no feel comfortable adding code, (that’s why I bought ThemeX with cornerstone)
“The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict, or a customizations introducing a PHP error”
Thank you in advance for your guidance.

@alexander
I viewed the youtube video- and I use Blue Host. I admit, the instructions are confusing and I am fearful of crashing my site. I believe the upgrade to Cornerstone is what made this error, because I have never had any issues before. Also, now in Chrome an “insecure” triangle pops up before my address. I have been on support with Bluehost and my SSL is all good.

I finally figured out the solution after checking all certificates, running PHP scans and deactivating plugins… I went to my installed theme- and had to manually update it. Now it works.

Hey @suseque,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

Hello I am getting the same error message, I have already changed my version of PHP to a compatible one, changed PHP memory size in wp-config file, disabled all plugins except cornerstone and still cannot figure out cause, please help. www.robeslawgroup.com

Hi @mettricamx,

Since you are done with the basic troubleshooting. I suggest that you create a new thread then on that new thread, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hello! I have the same issue, i cannot see the preview area in cornerstone, and the content in modals have errors (For example: forms). I try manually updating the theme but nothing works. Please help! Thank you!.

Hey Fede,

Thanks for updating this thread. Please make sure that you have updated to the latest version of the theme and Cornerstone. Our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.2.3
  • Cornerstone 5.2.3
  • WordPress 5.7
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If nothing is helping, please create a new thread and provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.