I have fallen behind on the updates as I was working on rebuilding pages built in Visual Computer with Cornerstone. It has been a chore, and I still have some built in visual composer and some moved over to cornerstone.
I am considering updating to the latest release of the theme/cornerstone/etc and am wondering if there would be any issues in doing so.
Just now I came across this ticket and let me share few resources with you that should help to upgrade website. First, I suggest you to setup a dev server and copy your website over that (please note that this is a optional step). But doing this has an advantage as in case any issue comesup, for theme and bundled plugins related problems you can get in touch with us and together we can troubleshoot the same without affecting the live website.
Next, to perform the update process we have compiled all the necessary and relevant information into a tutorial that I would like you to take a look before moving ahead.
Let us know how it goes and don’t hesitate to get in touch with us in case you face any roadblock.
I was just looking at the license and see that i’m eligible to upgrade from X to Pro at no additional charge. I also noted that it preferred that the x theme be at 4.6.4 during the conversion. Would it make more sense to update from 4.6.4 to pro directly or upgrade to a newer version of X and then decide if I want to upgrade to pro? (i.e. Is it less likely to cause errors when going directly from 4.6.4?)
It’s a good idea to update to latest version of X Theme before updating to Pro Theme so as to avoid any potential issues. Like I said before, it’s always recomend to perform major tasks like updating theme or updating from X to Pro on a demo server for the reasons explained above before deploying on a production site.
If i setup a demo server to test major issues… will i be able to activate/do the automatic upgrade like I would do on my production site? I have a webserver local webserver i could use, but i’m not sure how the upgrade/licensing would work…