Potential issues updating from 4.6.4 to latest release?

Hello,

I have fallen behind on the updates as I was working on rebuilding pages built in Visual Computer with Cornerstone. It has been a chore, and I still have some built in visual composer and some moved over to cornerstone.

I am considering updating to the latest release of the theme/cornerstone/etc and am wondering if there would be any issues in doing so.

Thank you,

MEO

Hi There,

Backup your website and perform the update of WP , X , Cornerstone , Visual Composer and all your plugins.

Clean your browser cache and test it again, if you face any issue, please let us know.

Thank you.

Hello @meoptometry,

Thanks for asking and apologies for chiming in. :slight_smile:

Just now I came across this ticket and let me share few resources with you that should help to upgrade website. First, I suggest you to setup a dev server and copy your website over that (please note that this is a optional step). But doing this has an advantage as in case any issue comesup, for theme and bundled plugins related problems you can get in touch with us and together we can troubleshoot the same without affecting the live website.

Next, to perform the update process we have compiled all the necessary and relevant information into a tutorial that I would like you to take a look before moving ahead.

Let us know how it goes and don’t hesitate to get in touch with us in case you face any roadblock.

Thanks.

Thank you both for the prompt reply.

I was just looking at the license and see that i’m eligible to upgrade from X to Pro at no additional charge. I also noted that it preferred that the x theme be at 4.6.4 during the conversion. Would it make more sense to update from 4.6.4 to pro directly or upgrade to a newer version of X and then decide if I want to upgrade to pro? (i.e. Is it less likely to cause errors when going directly from 4.6.4?)

Thank you,
MEO

Hello @meoptometry,

Thanks for updating thread. :slight_smile:

It’s a good idea to update to latest version of X Theme before updating to Pro Theme so as to avoid any potential issues. Like I said before, it’s always recomend to perform major tasks like updating theme or updating from X to Pro on a demo server for the reasons explained above before deploying on a production site.

Thanks.

If i setup a demo server to test major issues… will i be able to activate/do the automatic upgrade like I would do on my production site? I have a webserver local webserver i could use, but i’m not sure how the upgrade/licensing would work…

Thank you,
MEO

Hi,

Yes, you can add it as staging site under license page.

For more information kindly refer to the link below

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.