Posts not being pulled onto blog page via dynamic settings

Hi

I have created a blog page in cornerstone (following the this video: https://theme.co/docs/blog). The first issue is that none of my posts are being pulled in to populate the blog page.

The other issue is that once I publish the page (and assign it “blog” page for blog posts in settings>reading, the page no longer appears in the Cornerstone list of pages.

Ive spent a lot of time looking through the forum but have not been able to find a solution yet. Any help greatly appreciated.

Kindly

Joshua

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for reaching out.
It won’t be easy to recognize the exact reason without investigation. I would suggest, you please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath your posts.

Thanks

Hi Joshua,

I have checked the Blog page and found it is showing all 4 posts. And once you set a page as the Post page, you can’t edit it through the Cornerstone. But as you are using the Pro, you can create custom Archive Layouts and assign them to the blog page.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi
Sorry, what I meant above was that while following the tutorial per the link in my first post, I could not get the new blog page to pull in the blog posts. What you are seeing now is just the generic blog page, but when following the tutorial, the existing posts are not being pulled into the new page. So when i publish the new page, there is nothing there. I’ve recreated the blog page in Cornerstone per the instructional video, its now sitting in my pages dashboard as “draft” - if you go in and look now it will better illustrate what I described above; sorry about that.

Hello Joshua,

It seems that you have created the blog page, please note that you need to set the page as a post page from the WordPress settings —>Reading —>Post page.

Now you can create the achieve layout and design it as per your design. Please note that you need to assign the layout. If you make a default page where you want to display the post you need to use the Looper provider and Looper consumer as well.

Thanks

Thanks a lot; I’ll give this a go. I know the video mentioned Looper provider/consumer, so ill start there. However, I still dont understand why in the video the Cornerstone blog page sucks in the existing posts already, whereas the one Ive set up (exactly as in video) does not. Anyhow, thanks for the advice above, ill give it a go :slight_smile:

Hello Joshua,

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Hi
I have made a lot of progress. I now understand that I was working in the blog page and not the blog archive (hence, why no data pulling through). So, Ive now created the archive as well as the page. Just a few minor issues I hope you can help me with.

1. The post excerpts on the page are not active links
  2. Even though I have created the pagination feature (and it worked for a while), it no longer works (shows) and I’m not sure why.
    If you give some direction here, would be super helpful; the previous login details I made for you are still active too, so feel free to go in and look around.
    Thanks so much
    J

Hello Joshua,

It seems you have set the number of posts is 4 from the WordPress —>Reading —>Blog pages show at most, I went ahead and set it to 2 and pagination worked fine on my end. When you are setting it as 4 and there are only 4 posts on your server the pagination is not working.

For the excerpt, I would suggest you please add the button element for the post link. Please note there is no link on the default Excerpt element.

Hope it helps
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks!
I implented the changes and its working :slight_smile:
The final thing is that the images for the blog posts are not showing up on the main blog page (the date, title and excerpt are there though) - they show in the archive blog file, but not on the live blog link. I thought it may have been a caching issue, but i checked that and it seemed to make no difference. Any ideas?
Thanks again,
J

Hey Joshua,

Upon investigating the your issue of some images doesn’t display on your blog page, the culprit is WP Compress – Instant Performance & Speed Optimization plugin.

maybe just a cache on that option because when I tried to disable and enable it back the images are now showing properly.

Hope that helps.

Hi
Its all working perfectly now - thanks so much!
Kindly,
J

Hey Joshua,

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.