Posts from taxonomy in looper

I have a custom post type using CPT UI. The CPT is Projects.
I’ve created 3 taxonomies, one of them is “Architecture”.

I want to create a page that shows all posts in the Architecture taxonomy, but for some reason the looper isn’t working. When I set Query to Types: Project, and Specific Posts: Architecture - nothing shows in the looper.
If I remove the Specific Posts: Architecture, the posts show. Both posts are within the “Architecture” taxonomy, so I would expect them to show when I have set the Specific Posts: Architecture setting.

https://capture.dropbox.com/CWsjNUWbLc7tTd7c

https://capture.dropbox.com/9fpEBvvr2rInFEac

Hi @marketfresh,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked the given screenshot and found that the Architecture is a taxonomy as mentioned in your post. To get those posts, you need to create the Taxonomy queries using the Query String options. I would suggest you go through the following thread which may help you on this.

Thanks

None of this is working for me.
It seems that I can only use Terms to get data into the looper and not the overarching Taxonomy on it’s own.
I want to use the overarching Taxonomy to retrieve all posts within that Taxonomy regardless of the Terms.

Does that make sense?

Hello @marketfresh,

To better assist you with your issue, please provide us access to your site so that we can check your work and your looper settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Secure note has been added.
I created a page called “Architecture”. That is where I’m trying to get this to work.

Hey @marketfresh,

This is not an issue with Pro but rather your WP Query setup. You need to include the Terms.

Since WP Query is a general WordPress topic and not specific to Pro, if you need guidance on WP Query, please consider subscribing to our One premium support.

Thanks.

What I want to do is to capture all terms within a Taxonomy without including each term specifically. Are you saying that this is not possible?

Hey @marketfresh,

Including the terms is what works in the Query String so regretfully, yes, it will not work without it.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.