Posts Drafts Have Disappeared, Unable To Be Seen In Cornerstone Editing or Preview, Able to See Draft in Wordpress

SOS here! Half of my drafts have been “deleted” by cornerstone. What I mean by this is that I can see my created content in the wordpress edit block with no style such as fonts, image placing, lots of CSS formating tags etc that I used in Cornerstone - there is no layout pretty much but the core content is there.

When I go to edit in cornerstone or go to preview - there is nothing. There is only the Title and that is it. I have no idea where it went or why the drafts aren’t appearing; only the most recent drafts are available to edit.

I am worried about where my cornerstone content went, if my new drafts will disappear also, and a solution to this issue.

I have tried clearing all cache and style cache, tried deactivating all plugins to no avail, and even attempted to publish the content and it still came up blank.

I have no idea what is going on and this is very concerning, SOS! Thank you!

I have attached photos below of one draft post where content can be seen in the wordpress editor with again no style and then absolutely zero content in cornerstone. I can’t figure out what’s going on.Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 9.20.13 PM

Hello Samara,

Thanks for writing in! The Cornerstone did not delete the data or the post. There is a known issue between the latest WordPress and the Cornerstone wherein the “Edit in Cornerstone” will be missing and what you see instead is exactly the same as what you have in your screenshot. To get over this, simply click the “Editing options” and then select “Code Editor”.

If this is NOT helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi, sadly it is not working. I have attached a secure note. Thanks.

Hi @astersblog,

I just check the draft posts of your website and it seems that the content is made outside the cornerstone builder. If you edit the content outside the cornerstone builder then it will not be available when you edit the posts using cornerstone builder because only the data save inside the cornerstone builder can be editable inside the cornerstone builder. I suggest that you will re-create all your posts inside the cornerstone builder.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for checking it out but your response does not help, I still need a solution to this problem created by cornerstone.

I created and saved all of my content in cornerstone, no edits were made outside of it except for yesterday when I attempted to edit 2-3 drafts in wordpress to see if the content would then become publishable, and even in wordpress it was not.

If I created these posts in cornerstone, then at least the original created draft should be available to edit in cornerstone? As it was content created inside cornerstone? I can’t even publish the content from cornerstone that has been stuck into wordpress. How do I fix that or do I have to rewrite all of my draft posts?

Also, isn’t it a bad thing that cornerstone content becomes unpublishable if you decide to use another builder? What happens if you wanted to use two? That does not seem very smart for a company to delete a user’s progress if they decide to use another system, or two systems together.

I do not want this to happen again because I am confident that apart from the drafts I tried to edit in wordpress to fix this issue created by cornerstone, that I have never edited outside of cornerstone builder.

I just want my content back where it was originally and assurance that this won’t happen again. Because I literally went onto wordpress one morning and 75% of my content was non-retrievable and non-publishable by cornerstone builder whereas the day before it was fine. Clearly, there is some other issue than editing because, again apart from 2-3 I edited in an attempt to fix this issue, they just stopped showing up and being able to be published.

What are some other options for why this occurred and solutions to this issue? Thank you.

Hello @astersblog,

Please see the following image in the secure note.

Or you can simply go to X > Cornerstone and search for your draft post.
Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 4.22.58 AM

Now, if you have edited the page outside of Cornerstone, those changes will be discarded when you edit the page back in Cornerstone. Only the last save state of the Cornerstone version will be loaded.

If this is not what you meant, then please sent us an example URL of the draft page where we can replicate the issue.

Thank you.

Please see secure note. Thanks

Hi, I have a thought that may be the reason why the content deleted.

I used a specific template to create content and now use a different one. I deleted any old templates recently, would that mean the content that was formatted with it was also deleted from cornerstone because it had no template to reference from? Is that a thing?

Hello @astersblog,

I have checked the Whisper Network post and it seems that it has actually been edited outside of Cornerstone. It is apparent from the revisions of the page.

See the secure note below.

The cornerstone data has been corrupted already. This is why when you edit back in Cornerstone, it is already blank and no section or contents. It is best that you recreate the page/post from scratch.

Best Regards.

Okay, thanks.

You are most welcome!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.