Post Term not populating

Hello,

On the home page: http://kontaktmag.flywheelstaging.com I have a Looper Provider for the “restaurant & bar” category.

It is pulling through the posts correctly. I have a headline element that is set for {{dc:term:name}} but the post category name doesn’t appear. I also created a component that does the same thing (also with {{dc:term:url}} on the button).

I know the provider is correct because the posts are coming through. Am I using the wrong dynamic content code?

Thanks in advance.

Hello @zenzino,

Thanks for writing in! You can only use {{dc:term:name}} in an archive layout assign to a category or taxonomy page. If you must use {{dc:term:name}} in your Looper, you must first use the Looper Provider Current Terms Provider. Like this structure:

Looper Provider Query Builder (to display post items)
   Looper Consumer
       Display Post Title
       Looper Provider Current Terms/Looper Consumer
             Display `{{dc:term:name}}`

You can use the Terms element:

Best Regards.

Hey @ruenel,

Thanks for the response. I see now that the terms are a separate Provider from the posts.

I’m still not getting it, though.

I have the page set up as follows:

Section: Provider Query Builder (Posts, Taxonomies (category))
Row: Provider (Current Terms)
Element: Headline (term name) consumer
Element: Button (term name, term URL) consumer
Row: Posts (consumer)

I tried putting the Providers and consumers in different locations but nothing worked.

I read the page you linked but didn’t see the answer there.

Hi @zenzino,

It is very difficult to understand the structure of the Provider and the Consumer of the page where you are facing the problem. I would suggest you please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– Specific Page where you are facing the problem.

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

NOTE: Please check if the consumer is properly added for every provider.

Thanks

@tristup,

All of that was provided in my original question. The secure note is attached.

The issue is on the first section of the homepage.

I’ll attach another secure note here.

Hello @zenzino,

I went ahead and called the post using the Looper query builder and displayed the post terms as well please have a look at the settings. You can check the settings on your homepage where I have created a section called “Themeco test” You need to unhide from the breakpoints.

Hope it helps
Thanks