Post Pagination + FacetWP

I have a staff employee site I built the is built with a Custom Post Type and ACF custom fields used to store data imported from a CSV. I created a archive layout set to the search results page that has several Headline elements used to display values from the custom fields. This all works fine. But I have added some search facets via FacetWP which the native Pro post pagination element doesn’t update when applied.

Is there a way to hook the page pagination element into my facets? FacetWP offers some basic pager facets, but the styling is not a flexible as the native pagination element.

Secondly, is there a way to set a search element data source?

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for writing in!

Please be advised that the Pagination element will only work on Archive layouts. A Looper Provider must be present in an Archive layout so that the Pagination element will also work.

“Secondly, is there a way to set a search element data source?”

• I have a hunch that you are running a Looper Provider which is why the Search results does not display properly

We would love to check your layout. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

The pagination is on the archive layout I created for the search results.

The pagination works, but doesn’t update for faceted results. I was able to get this working by moving the CS Pagination element into the same container as the results and applying the FacetWP container class.

With my second question I was looking to find out if you can customize the search element’s data source, so for example I could have it use a SearchWP supplemental search engine. If not I would need to use custom HTML.

Hey Kevin,

Regretfully you cannot customize the search’s data source. You may need to modify the search query. Perhaps, this article can help:

Best Regards.