Portfolio only shows once

Hi, I have a portfolio on my site, it has several pages. With the browser cache cleared, the portfolio loads fine, click on the second page, loads fine too, go back to page one and the images won’t load anymore, If I use browser tools in Firefox and disable the cache, the page loads. But it won’t load the cached images. Any idea why?

Thanks in advance!

Hello @AndFin,

Thanks for writing to us.

It generally happens due to cache I would suggest you please purge all the server cache and then check it again. If it doesn’t work for you, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few common issues before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thank you for your reply, could you point me to a tutorial on how to empty the cache on the server?

Thanks again!

Hey @AndFin ,

There are different kinds of server so it’s not feasible to document all that. Please reach out to your web host.

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, of course you’re right. I’ve just contacted my webhost and I’m now emptying the cache over ftp. Hopefully this fixes the problem. I will let you know!

No problem, @AndFin

Hi, Clearing the cache on the server didn’t fix it. I’ve included the details you asked for.

Thank you!

Hi, unfortunately clearing the cache on the server didn’t fix the problem.

I also checked through the common issues, disabling plugins, etc. but the issue still remains.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hey @AndFin,

Please revisit the common issues article. You’re using a very old version of X and your WordPress version is up-to-date. That’s a mismatch in version compatiblity. Please review the Version Compatiblity section in the common issues as well as Theme Update.

Since it’s a very old version of X, you need to do a Manual Update. See https://theme.co/docs/how-to-update#how-to-perform-a-manual-update

Thanks.

Thank you for looking at that. I’ve installed the latest version of x, the problem with the portfolio is solved but lots of parts of my site are now broken. Where images used to span the whole width of the page, they now appear doubled and very narrow. Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you in advance

So, I accidentally fixed it, I think I clicked something in Cornerstone, a check box something about using legacy x-codes and sliders, but I can’t find it anymore, Where is this option?

Thanks

I found it. In Settings-> Visual Composer-> Legacy x integration.

Thank you. Everything seems to be working now

You are most welcome @AndFin

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.