Portfolio items are missing

Hello, I just noticed that all of the portfolio items on my website (farallonislandsfoundation.org) are missing. There is no longer an option in the dashboard menu for adding or editing portfolio items either. Can you help me figure out how to restore these pages? I’m not sure how long it has been like this. I am running X theme version 6.5.6 and Wordpress version 5.2.2. Thank you!
Kelsey

Hi Kelsey,

Thanks for reaching out.

It sounds to be that portfolio type is inactive or removed but i couldn’t confirm it through the site’s front. Would you mind providing your site’s admin login credentials in the secure note?

There is no child theme either so I assume this can be caused by plugin, so for the meantime, you could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi there, I just sent you login credentials in the secure note. I tried deactivating a few plugins but didn’t notice a difference. Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide!
Kelsey

Hi Kelsey,

The file needed for the portfolio post type are missing. Please try re-installing your X theme.

You should see a file /x/framework/functions/portfolio.php in it after installation.

Thanks!

Hi there,
How do I re-install X theme? Thank you!
Kelsey

Hi Kelsey,

Please switch to another theme in Admin > Appearance > Themes, then delete X theme (you could only delete it once it’s inactive by switching to another theme). Then please check this KB for theme installation.

It should be the same as how you installed it, just need to delete the old one first :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Okay - Will I then have to rebuild the site, or will it revert back to my current settings?

Hello Kelsey,

Before deleting the theme, please go to X > Validation > Theme Options Manager. Download the XCS file (or X Theme Option Settings file) to your computer. This will serve as a backup of the X theme settings. Install a fresh copy of the X theme and the go back to X > Validation > Theme Options Manager. This time around, please upload the XCS file to make sure that you will have the same settings as what you have before.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello, I tried installing a fresh copy of X theme according to your instructions, but it still does not show any portfolio items (or even the option for this on the dashboard sidebar). Any other ideas? Thanks,
Kelsey

I am running X theme on another site as well, and just updated to the most recent version of X theme. When I did this, all of my portfolio items dissappeared. So maybe it’s a problem with the most recent version of X - how do I go back to the previous version? (I just updated to 6.5.6)
Thanks,
Kelsey

Hello Kelsey,

This is not a problem of recent version of X. It is incompatibility issue. Please make sure to update Cornerstone too after updating X. You do have X version 6.5.6 and Cornerstone should be version 3.5.5. Please check this guide on to update Cornerstone.

Thank you! this solved my problem!

You’re most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.